1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best Taxi Route- Airport to Caesars

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Echo27, Aug 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echo27

Echo27 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sorry to ask, as I'm sure it's been asked to death, but a search turned up nothing. What is the fastest route from the airport to Caesars? I usually like to give the cabbie my preferred route, but I have never stayed at Caesars before. Thanks in advance!

2. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    airport to caesars

paradise to Flamingo ,left on flamingo to ceasars

3. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    airport to caesars

flamingo road , sorry

4. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can taxis come in the side ent on flamingo or is it only for limos?

Otherwise, I'm not sure if that will be the fastest or cheapest route to Caesars with the construction. If you have to take the right on to LVB the road goes down from 4 to 2 lanes and the traffic was horrific the end of July.

Beth

5. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think this depends on what you are actually asking for. Some people ask for the "fastest route" because they don't want the cabbie to long haul them from the airport...

However, in this case because Caesars Palace is on a freeway offramp the "fastest route" would be through the tunnel and down the freeway, which is the long haul route... so while it would be fastest, it will be the most expensive as well.

I just say this because when this question comes up usually the person really means to ask "what is the cheapest route?" or "what route do I tell the cabbie to avoid being long hauled?"

6. Echo27

Echo27 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would like to avoid being longhauled, yes. Still, it's my vacation, so I'm not going to make a big issue with the cabbie. I have never stayed on the west side of the strip, so I wasn't sure of the directions. Now that you mention the construction, I may just be better off letting the driver figure it out. Thank you!

7. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're staying at Caesars in October so I keep going back and forth btwn taking the tunnel or seeing if the taxi can take the flamingo enterance. If they have to go up to harrahs and take the left into Caesars then I'll take the highway.

8. Echo27

Echo27 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all - I was wondering if anyone here has canned it to Caesars since this thread went up last month. Any updates on whether cabs can take the flamingo entrance? I google mapped it, and the suggested route was Swenson to Paradise.

9. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll also be staying at Caesar Augustus Tower checking at Dimaond check-in. I'm planning to take a cab. I'm also interested in this answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.