1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Alamo rent a car - many questions

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Krysimlade, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krysimlade

Krysimlade Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi

I'm going to Vegas from 16.8. to 30.8.
    I have booked car from Alamo full-size and I have many questions.

1. There is VroomVroomVroom Limited discount code. Will be accepted ? Because rate with this code is 50% down included CDW and taxes and Extended insurance.
    2. I have digital Entertainment code for double upgrade. It's digital code. Somebody will ask me for this because I can't prove this digital code. It's just code from Entertainment Book
    3. What about FULL-SIZE fleet ? Which cars are in this category in Vegas ?
    4. What about quality and shape of teh cars ? Are dirty inside or with bad geometry, shaking brakes etc ? Or are OK ? How old are ?
    5. Which day and time is the best for Rent. I will arrive cca 6 PM. I want to have chance select from many cars.
    6. Which car from this category is the best for rent ?
    7. If car will have some troubles can I change it ? How ? I will stay in Vegas 2 day before my trip so I can go back to rent company bad I want to know how to and with zero problems etc...

THNX and we can meet at Vegas. It's my second trip there and I like this city and I hope I will still like this city after my second trip ;-)

Milan

2. MWJ51102

MWJ51102 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. Never heard of that discount. Can't answer.
    2. You won't be asked for the double upgrade coupon. I've used that code many times.
    3. Chevrolet impala, Malibu. Nissan maxima at times. I've driven the impala and Malibu. Pick the impala.
    4. All of there cars are pretty new and in good shape.
    5. Time usually doesn't matter. If they are out of full size, they will upgrade you.
    6. Impala.
    7. If you have a problem with the car, take it back to the rental place and they'll let you pick another. I've done it before.

3. Krysimlade

Krysimlade Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thnx !!!
    7. So tehre is no problem with this ? What's wrong with your car ? So I will just come back and say to attendant that I don't like this car because and he will change this car for next one ? Who will make confirmation for this etc...
    Can I try short test drive through lot before pick up a car and when I want park back the car and select another one ?
    I like chargers but last time it was full - size now premium I think ;-( But thnx for Impala tip...

Regards from Czech Republic (Europe)

Milan

4. weas

weas Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Vegas Deals

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second the IMPALA. I have rented one 3 times from Alamo. I like the trunk size, easy to drive.

Always clean with less than 6,000 miles.

5. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Impala is the only Chevy I like so go for it. Even with discount codes, you should be able to check in on the kiosk and not even show documentation to a human. There is not a lot of area to drive around in before seeing an attendant but you are picking your own car and there is no need to even go to the gate in a car you don't like.

6. Krysimlade

Krysimlade Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmm Kiosk is not a solution because I'm not US citizen :-( I think
    It's just for People from USA & Canada is not ?

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The cars are all with a year old. Sometimes 2, but not often. They are generally in great shape.

As to trying one car, and then another. It can be done, but a big hassle. You leave the lot, go back in, etc etc.

8. ChecknPlay

ChecknPlay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Renting a car from Alamo next week for 5 days. I have a mid size reserved but I try and give the lot attendant a $5 or $10 to trade up to a luxury. Some times it works some times it doesn't. If you are paying with a Visa card check out the attached link. Some pretty good discounts I used for Alamo in Las Vegas. With all the discounts a midsize is running me $70 total for a Thurs - Tues. Of course the taxes, charges and airport / rental center fees are a whopping 79% in addition to that total.

https://www.alamo.com/index.do?action=/hotDealsTemplate&msg=alamo-visa-winter-promo

9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Uh oh, now we're going to have to start another thread to see if this is a bribe or a tip.:evillaugh

10. ChecknPlay

ChecknPlay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Neither. My standard line when I hand them the cash is "Here's some drinking money for tonight.... you ok with me taking that Cadillac over there?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.