1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Downtown pub crawl

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by codingkw, Jul 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. codingkw

codingkw High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know if they are still doing thirsty thursdays downtown? We went last year and had a blast.

2. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. It still happens. One Thursday per month.
    If you check out the Hennessey's et al website, it'll give you the details.

3. Deby

Deby Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    coingkw - thanks for posting. I am actually going to be there in October during the third Thursday and I'm trying to talk my husband into doing the pub crawl. Can you please give me details as to how many bars you went to, how long you stayed at each one and what types of deals they were offering?

4. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we planned to do it in june when we went, but we got sick a couple days before and had to rearrange other plans. so we had to drop our downtown day. if you just google search it, you'll get lots of info. i also called ahead to make sure it was still going on.

5. AJSBRIDE

AJSBRIDE Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am so upset that I am not going to be there the 3rd Thursday. What a bummer. Better planning next time...lol!

6. Aero

Aero Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never had the opportunity to enjoy this event and will miss it again next trip. We will have to create our own pub crawl downtown.

7. AJSBRIDE

AJSBRIDE Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everyone that I talk to that has gone has nothing but great things to say about it. One of these days!! :)

8. earth-3

earth-3 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How can you go wrong for twenty bucks. It looks like you pay at the door at Hennessey's and your good to go for the duration. I'm lucky to be there this third Thursday of October, so I will give it a shot. How much extra cash do you take along just in case?

9. AJSBRIDE

AJSBRIDE Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I look forward to hearing what you think of it. I guess the amount of money you should bring depends on how much you want to drink...lo!

10. journaljim

journaljim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did it and it was amazing. Tons of fun and lots of drinks. Mob bar is awesome. Would not have seen gold spike were it not for the crawl. And both Mickey Finns and brass lounge had great bands. The photo booth at hogs and heiffers was out of control!

11. codingkw

codingkw High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you go to Hennessys web site it gives you the details about the pub crawl. The crawl leaders are fun and you meet some fun people to hang out with. Get to try out bars that you may or may not have been to. It is a really good time.:beer:

12. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did it loved it, especially if new to downtown, gives you the lay of the land so to speak. watch out for the bouncer at Hogs n Hefers the guy is HUGE

Attached Files:

13. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This sounds like a blast, unfortunately my next trip is Friday thru Wednesday.

14. VegasKing

VegasKing High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This looks pretty good, does anyone know the bars that it goes to? Didn't recognize the logos in the flier and not familiar with downtown. Will be in Vegas around a 3rd Thursday next month.

15. journaljim

journaljim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    johnvic - it started at Hennessey then went to the Gold Spike. From there we went to the Mob Bar (though the tix and fliers had the old name) and then H & H. Then made our way back to Mickey Finns and wound up at the Brass Lounge which is upstairs between Mickey Finns and Hennesey. Great variety of places and enough time to get a good taste of each. My wife and I played a little 3 dollar blackjack at Gold Spike and hit the photo booth at H&H. People played beer pong at two of the bars. Lots of dancing at the last two. My wife and I met the band at the last place and took our friends back the next night to catch their set with a clearer head. Their name was Wiskey Breath and they are great.

16. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
  17. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool, thanks!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.