1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My Opinion of Las Vegas Paiute Golf Resort for a Wedding

Discussion in 'Vegas Weddings' started by raraavis, Jul 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going to do a review of each wedding venue I visited, and the first section of each review will be the “Background.” If you have already read the background from another one of my reviews, feel free to skip to the actual venue review.

Background
    I got engaged in December 2011. After a month or so of trying to settle on a state (yes, I said state), we decided on Nevada (Las Vegas specifically of course). My family/friends are primarily in Michigan; fiancé’s (we’ll call him J from now on) are in New York City area. We live in NJ. If we had it in either Michigan or NJ, we would have well over 250 guests since we assumed that most people would be willing to make the drive (or short flight if they choose) to either location (p.s. we have many friends in Long Island, and it would be at least a 1.5 hr drive for them to come to our area in NJ). Then J kept saying it wouldn’t be fair to his friends and family if we got married in Michigan (where it is at least half the cost of NJ weddings btw). So I countered with the same argument for my friends and family, haha. We were at a stalemate. Well I had mentioned Vegas when we first got engaged and told J it is my number 1 choice. But J was hesitant about having a destination wedding. After thinking of the pros and cons of being married in the mitten (aka, Michigan) or in NJ, J finally agreed that Las Vegas was actually the most practical and fun thing to do. Next on the list was to make sure our very closest family and friends would be ok with flying to Vegas for our wedding because frankly they are the only ones that matter!

We booked a good deal at Bally’s for Sun-Thurs and stayed with my dad the other days of the trip (he lives there). My initial plan was to see 13 venues, but I decided not to see the two at mt. Charleston. So I only saw 11 venues over the course of 3 days. It was a lot!!

Basically the type of wedding I want is a non-religious ceremony followed by a traditional wedding reception. I do not want to get married in what I deem a “wedding factory”, which is what some of the venues I saw felt like. In the same regard, I do not want a chapel wedding at all. I did check on the strip, but nothing met our needs or was within our budget. I began my search in January and finally narrowed it down for our June trip. My tastes revolve around golf/country clubs apparently. We are planning for a Thursday wedding in October 2013.

Las Vegas Paiute Golf Resort
    10325 Nu-Wav Kaiv Boulevard Las Vegas, Nevada 89124
    http://www.lvpaiutegolf.com/events_by_paiute.html

I met with Ginnie at 3pm on Friday June 15. First impression of Ginnie was she is really nice but a bit hyper. I am not sure if this is how she normally is or if it’s because she had one too many 5 hour energy drinks in preparation for the wedding they were holding there the next day. She was a little scatterbrained, but I don’t want to make it sound like she didn’t explain things well and answer our questions. She did; she was very helpful. I just thought she was a little too hyper and anxious for my personality (because I already am that way. I will need my wedding coordinator to be the calm one). For those of you who don’t know where Pauite is, it is waaaaaay far away from the strip, at least a 45 minute drive.
    [​IMG]
    It is even past the road that goes to Mt. Charleston. Since I am providing transportation from mid strip area for our wedding guests, we would prefer not going that far away (and I think our guests don’t want to be on a shuttle for 45 minutes to an hour either). If it wasn’t for its location, Paiute might be at the top of the list tied with Canyon Gate.

Ginnie first shows me the locker room and the ready room. Within the locker room (a nice locker room of course), is a separate room for a bride to get ready. It is a bit small, but I will only have 3 bridesmaids. If you had more than that, I would say it will be a very tight squeeze. You could probably do your hair and makeup here (just the bride; the bridesmaids should be done beforehand), but you might not have enough room.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next we see the reception room. It is huge, maybe too big for my smaller wedding (65-85 people). There are ceiling to floor and wall to wall windows with gorgeous views of the desert and mountains. Seriously stunning.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Outside the reception area are 3 levels of patios, where we will have access to during our whole event. They are primarily used for the cocktail hour though.
    [​IMG]

Views from the patios:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next we go to the ceremony site (I know, we’re doing everything backwards). Wow. The pictures don’t even do it justice.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh yeah, and Paiute is on a reservation, so it is a tax free facility. 2012 Pricing (only available if you book by Oct. 2012 for 2013) for 60 people with a buffet dinner (but head table is served plated) and 4 hour open bar is $7,941.30 (includes the $2,495 ceremony fee, service fees, DJ for reception only). Also that price doesn’t include floral, cake, and photography, which I must contract myself. J and I were trying to avoid that; we really wanted an all inclusive package since we are far away.

Included in aforementioned price (taken directly from their package document) is the food and beverage costs plus the $2,495 ceremony/reception fee, which includes this:
    Ceremony-ceremony music, decorated arch, white garden chairs, minister/officiante.

Reception-5,000 sq feet of space, 4 hour reception, complimentary tasting of meal at a bridal show in February 2013, linens and napkins (colored cloths and napkins, chair covers with ties), sign in & gift table, cake table, sweetheart table, faux dance floor, champagne/cider toast for everyone, heart and doves ice sculpture, wedding coordination, centerpieces for the tables, 100 inch projection screen.

Overall, I liked this place a lot. The biggest con is its location. Other than that, it’s a great location for a wedding.

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been to Paiute several times at it truly is an oasis in the desert. Beautiful. Indian reservation = no water restrictions.

Just my .02-ever think about just getting married in Vegas and then having a celebration in MI & another in NY/NJ:peace:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  3. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't know that about the water, thanks for the heads up.

We already are planning on having separate parties, which is why our guest count is only 65ish instead of 250. We are only inviting our closest family and friends. We will have some sort of party in both Michigan and New Jersey for everyone else not invited (very laid back though like a backyard BBQ or rent space at a park).

thanks!:wave:

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL, glad you have time for all this planning. :evillaugh

5. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    since i am no longer in school, it feels like i have all the time in the world! :thumbsup:

6. Rara'sFriendJennie:p

Rara'sFriendJennie:p Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tied for one

Look into transportation costs because this place is fabulous! The location is exactly what you are looking for! Think of your guests this way: they are all flying to Vegas to see you and J get married... that is commitment. I'm sure they aren't going to mind riding 45 mins to a remote, gorgeous location to spend the rest of the evening celebrating your special day. Your people are coming from crowded, urban areas and will appreciate the scenery! I know I will :)

This is also #1 for me. As far as I'm concerned, you can knock off 2 from your top 5!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.