1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Delta changed our departure flight!

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by MNVegasgal, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MNVegasgal

MNVegasgal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delta changed our flight leaving Las Vegas from 9:10 to 7:00 am uh no that won't work. Bcalled and they happily switched it to 11:15 am. They noted they normally switch to the next earlier flight in case you have connections or assume the flight you took is the latest you want. Good to know and I was impressed with he customer service!

2. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are normally very good about fixing it - you can change to another time for that destination without a problem. I have been lucky as my changes have never been very adverse with them.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure if they contact you or you noticed the change.

For this very reason, I check our flights often in case of changes. They are very good about allowing changes in your favor if they move things more than a few minutes. Sometimes you are able to change to the flight you originally wanted, but the cost was too high when you booked it.

4. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I'm glad you were able to switch. We are also flying from the Twin Cities on Delta. They recently changed our 9:45 a.m. flight to 9:20 a.m. - but that we can live with. This trip we have a 4 hour drive after we land, so I hope that's the last change they make. When are you going?

5. zlanga

zlanga High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its interesting that they switch you to the next earlier flights in case you have connections by default. United/Continental did us a re-book that had us landing 30 minutes after our connecting flight in Denver had already DEPARTED. Not only did I have to call to get them to fix that, I had to fight tooth and nail to get changed to a flight that landed us within 10 minutes of when the original flight landed! :nono: They wanted to put us on a later flight that landed 10 minutes before the Mystere show we had tickets to, 2 1/2 hours after our original arrival.

USBC Nationals
  6. MNVegasgal

MNVegasgal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @zylanga, sorry to hear you had to fight so hard to get your flights adjusted. My husband called and he was on the phone a total of 6 minutes.. and it wall all done.
    @Nostreehere.. they sent us an e-mail Noting.. Your flight times have changed. Normally this is a couple minute change.. so I don't always pay close attention.. but this was a 9:20 flight, changed to 7:00 AM.. Big Difference.
    @Josiecat.. we are going in October for Jimmy Buffett.. 10/20 - 10/23. Hopefully that is the last change for you.. at least it was a little earlier on the way out.. I can never sleep the night before.. so if I have to be there a little earlier.. BONUS!!
    @jgates.. glad to see you have the same experience.. positive customer service is a good thing.. though some companies don't get it.. those that do will get my business!

7. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got my Delta Tickets three or four months ago, and the schedules have been adjusted multiple times. I did see on the website that if they change the flight more than an hour you can change flights without a fee. But, it looks like the new flight cant be more expensive.

This has happened with other airlines also, in particular when you reserve a flight way in advance.

8. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dome, I have had them waive the fee with only a 45 minute change but they won't budge on a change fee for anything less than 45. They soak you for all you are worth!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.