1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

From landing, to leaving car rental facility, how long?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Big Tip, Jun 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am trying to see how long it will take me to get somewhere from the time I land.

So your opinion, If the plane is scheduled to land at 8am, what time will I leave the car rental facility? Assume things will go smoothly at the car rental place and will only take 15 minutes time from entering the building to driving off.

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on if you are a member of one of the rental companies. For instance, Dollar, you skip the line upstairs and head immediately down to the car area. Usually 10 minutes top, down there. Walk to a car and drive out.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    oops, a double post.
    Depends on if you are a member of one of the rental companies. For instance, Dollar, you skip the line upstairs and head immediately down to the car area. Usually 10 minutes top, down there. Walk to a car and drive out.
    The rental buses run every 5-8 minutes or so.

4. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Assume 15 minutes in the car rental building.

How long to get luggage, get on and ride the shuttle to the car place?

5. tapakip

tapakip Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As long as it's not Fox Rent a Car. They are not located in the main rental car place.

I've spent 5-10 mins at the rental counter, and I've spent 45+....depends on the day and time.

6. tapakip

tapakip Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    54 trips to Vegas and you've never checked luggage before? :confused2:

7. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had luggage take up to 30 minutes at LAS. I hate their baggage claim. Another 10-15 for the shuttle? Depends on when it leaves - the drive itself is only 5 minutes.

8. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol, yup, first time.

Of course I have checked my luggage before. Rented a car 20 times too. But I have never really thought how long it has taken to do this whole process. This trip requires some precision timing. lol That's why I am asking.

9. kingpasty

kingpasty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Landing at 8:00 am, I'd say off the plane by 8:10, at baggage by 8:15. On the shuttle by 8:30, facility by 8:40. Just before 9:00 on the road? 8:45 at best.

10. Firelen

Firelen Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have a set routine with certain "must do stops", I can give you that itinerary and judge for yourself. We always touch down at 10:00 AM, get our checked luggage, grab the shuttle, rent from Alamo,go up the escalator and select car, swipe the card, and exit rental facility....on an average weekday, this takes about 35-40 mins. And, if you are interested our routine continues south on the Boulevard to Food4Less to get snacks/beverages etc. then back north on the strip to Jack-in-the-Box for lunch (don't ask, it's the wife's thing) and finally off to Bellagio for check-in and we always arrive before noon. Hope that helps!

11. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes it does help. Thank you. I was thinking 45 minutes, but that just seemed too quick to me for some reason.

What does Food4less have that the gas station at Warm Springs and Las Vegas Blvd does not that warrants "wasting" :wink all that time driving south instead of towards the ultimate destination?

12. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think 45-60 minutes is doable. I'm just not sure I would assume that will be the case. If an extra 15 minutes waiting for your bag is going to screw up some plans, that is just going to start off the trip in a bad way.

An hour is very reasonable at that time of day as long as it isn't Fox Rental, but obviously things do go wrong at times. :)

13. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It always impresses me how quickly baggage arrives at US airports. I think the longest wait I have had is at Denver, and that was about a third of the time it takes in the UK!

14. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As others have said, I would probably give it an hour or less to be out on the streets from your plane. Best to also skip the car rental lines and do all your stuff using the fast track or whatever your rental agency uses, will make it considerably faster. If you are using fox, ez or payless then you might take considerably longer.

It also depends on what airlines you are taking (some might be faster to get your luggage out), how busy the airport is and traffic. During busy times it may take longer to get your luggage or longer to board the shuttle buses (lots of baggage to get on the bus).

15. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I landed at 12:07 last Thursday (May 24) and fully expected the airport to be a mad house. My luggage was already hanging out on the carousel when I got to baggage claim. (I flew into the D gates maybe that's why i didn't have to wait). I got right on the rental shuttle bus walked right up to the Enterprise counter-nobody in line and left the ability within 10 min. there was a lil bit of congestion on the BLVD. But not too bad and I pulled into the Flamingo right at 1pm. Hope that helps :)

16. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absolutely Agree...

I agree... I'm a National Executive Elite member and I always have a checked bag. I do this trip once or twice a month and generally plan on 50-60 minutes from touchdown to in a vehicle driving. Sometimes it goes a bit quicker, but almost never takes longer.

17. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

So many variables....back of plane....15 mins to get off....front of plane, 5 mins
    Crowded terminal?
    Get to terminal tram on time or just miss it?
    First bag on belt or last bag...
    Rental facility bus just finishing a load or just starting to load passengers?
    Traffic through tunnel and to car facility
    Regular car rental line or speedy service like Hertz Gold?

Those variables can add or cut anywhere from 20-40 mins

If everything or even most things fall your way, off and out of rental in just about an hour, maybe 45 mins.
    If everything or a large part swings to the bad side, hour and 15 to 1.5 hr....and if that happens, gamble the next day, take that day off

18. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you just might be superstitious. It's unlucky to be superstitious!

:evillaugh

I agree with everything you say about variables except for seat position on plane. That first guy off most likely won't have his bag waiting at the luggage pick-up when he gets there. The last guy off will probably have to wait a minute or two also.

19. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

Could be last off AND last bag on belt

20. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If that happened, I would just turn around and go home!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.