1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Liquor Store/Grocery Store

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by lks1165, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lks1165

lks1165 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi will be there in 2 weeks for a week and wondering of the closest market/liquor store around the MGM Signature. We have a rental car that we are picking up at the airport upon arrival, would it be best to hit the store on the way to the condo?
    Thanks

2. Firelen

Firelen Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Head south (left) on the boulevard about 3 miles or so to Food-4-Less, can't go wrong for supplies snacks, chips, soda, beer, wine, liquor etc..

3. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My choice would be the Super Walmart on Eastern. Close to the Rental Car center and easy to access and then easy to get to Signature.....

4. djegators

djegators Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

They have a liquor store there?

5. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. Most/all(?) grocery stores in Vegas sell liquor. Might not have all the sizes or brands that a liquor store like Lee's offers, but we've always been able to get what we want in Walmart or Smiths or Vons.....

6. djegators

djegators Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to know, thanks. Very cool that I still learn more about Vegas every trip, no matter how many visits I make.

7. HoyaHeel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On our last trip, we were having breakfast with my sister and her husband off-Strip - Egg and I or the other Egg place, west near Sahara. There was a Walmart nearby and we planned to stop for groceries & liquor - as we were paying, I asked our server if Walmart would be selling alcohol that early (it was 9am or so?) and she laughed and looked at me like I had horns. Hey, I live in a state with state-run liquor stores - I don't know:eek: She said that if the store was open, it would sell liquor. So that was what I learned on my last trip:peace:

I know the new Walgreens on the Strip has a nice beer & wine selection (vegasbound helpfully posted a photo a few weeks ago:thumbsup:) Not sure if they sell hard alcohol or not, though....

8. djegators

djegators Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I don't recall them having liquor there, so that's why I was unaware I suppose. All my shopping off the strip was to actual liquor stores. I do like the WalMart idea with it being close to rental car hub.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.