1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best Tasting menu for under 150$ pp

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Bamfbowhunter, May 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bamfbowhunter

Bamfbowhunter Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ive never done a tasting menu.. What would you recomend?

2. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would recommend buying the highest denomination Restaurant.com coupon for Aureole in Mandalay Bay. We did the tasting menu at Aureole and it was very good. After applying the coupon, our bill was approximately $225 (for 2 people if I remember correctly), and we both had a drink. The food was excellent, and so was the service and ambiance.

3. DallasDublt

DallasDublt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did Michael Mina’s in the Bellagio. Very good 5 course meal and with a bottle of wine right around 350. After it gets dark you can set on the patio and listen to the fountains out by the pool. Very nice

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you don't do the wine pairing, most tasting menus are under $150. obviously not the 16 course at JR, but Le Cirque, L'Attelier, and many others are in the $90-120 range. the wine pairing usually adds $60-100 to the ticket.

5. Bamfbowhunter

Bamfbowhunter Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    L'Attelier is where I'm leaning to. Just was not sure on the price

6. larryg

larryg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The tasting menu at L'Atelier will exceed your budget; it's about $160.

7. Bamfbowhunter

Bamfbowhunter Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha thats not really my budget.. My wife is only 105 pounds soaking wet and doesnt like food as much as me.. And she doesnt like the idea of a tasting menu so im trying to find one a little cheaper. But i have always wanted to try one of roubochons menus.. So i will most likely go there lol :nworthy:

8. MangoPort

MangoPort High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MIchael Mina's $95 tasting menu is BY FAR the best value and taste of anything in that price range. I've probably had it maybe 6 times or so

9. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your wife isn't a huge foodie, Picasso is an excellent choice. The space is gorgeous with views of the Bellagio fountains and Passico paintings. The food is exquisite and delicious, but accessible and not too crazy. It's a really great place to try your first tasting menu.

Another option if you're looking to keep costs down is the Guy Savoy's Bubble Bar. Here's what I posted about it in another thread:

That said, I adore L'Attelier. It's my favorite fine dining joint I've tried on the strip. You can always get a bunch of their small plates instead of an actual tasting menu. I've been there 4 times now without trying their tasting menu, and I've always had great experiences. I love how L'Attelier is upscale casual with a little bit of theater (watching your being created).

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  10. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking at their menu online it is 4 courses for 98 dollars. Unless you're counting the amuse, they've changed their format.

11. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not totally clear from your last post, but I want to make sure you know that most restaurants will require the entire table to order a tasting menu - eg it is unlikely you would be able to order the tasting menu and have your wife order a la carte. But do check - maybe the restaurant would be willing to make an exception if it's a slow time.:peace:

12. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HMMM. I didn't think of that since we went in knowing we both were going to have the Degus menu. I can see how someone NOT having it would totally throw off the timing of the courses

13. Bamfbowhunter

Bamfbowhunter Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes I realize that. That is why I am looking for some cheaper options. Bc I will most likely have to pay for her a tasting too and if she isn't looking forward to it then I would rather go somewhere a little cheaper.

14. Bamfbowhunter

Bamfbowhunter Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I have decided to just got to L'Attelier and just order A few different things from the menu and let my wife just order what she wants. Then it's a win win.

15. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that's a great decision. A few tips:

1) Ask to be seated at the counter. The best seats in the house are close to the wall (opposite the main JR restaurant) with your back facing the entrance. You get a great view of the cooks in action.

2) I've never had a bad dish at L'Attelier, but I really like the following from their small plates menu: LE BURGER, LA CAILLE, LE HOMARD, and their tarts for dessert (it's a small tart tasting). The LA LANGOUSTINE is pretty darn good as well. By the way, I assume this is your first time at a restaurant that serves haute cuisine, so I didn't recommend anything too freaky.

3) Share with each other! You can experience more dishes that way!

4) To save money the pre fixe menu might be a good idea. I think it used to be 95 dollars.

16. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sadly, the Bubbles and Bites menu is no longer offered at Guy Savoy.

L'atelier is your best bet if one person wants the full degustation and the other doesn't. It is "casual" and given the bar setting they will make less of an issue over the entire table ordering the tasting.

17. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn. That was a ridiculously good deal.

18. VivaLostWages

VivaLostWages Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone experienced a "bad" tasting menu for <$100 pp without wine.

19. parlay the yo

parlay the yo Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife and did the Parallel tasting menu at Aureole and it was the best meal I have ever had. Mostly go the steak house route when in Vegas having tried Craftsteak, Delmonicos, and Stripsteak the last few trips. Tasting menu was $85 each. Used a rest.com voucher for $50 and our total bill came to $206 but $100 of that was 2 cocktails and 3 glasses of wine.

20. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For only $85 per person including champagne you can enjoy the Sterling Brunch at Bally's Steak House, but it's only available on Sundays....we did this in April and are going to do it again next April.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.