1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Need Apps + Dessert Suggestions

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by numeno, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm heading to vegas with someone that I'll say has a very limited palette. She has no issues going to nicer places, but I also don't want to get the $40 chicken dish that she won't remember at all.

My thought was someplace just for a few desserts. Some decent app choices would be nice as well if we didn't want just sweet stuff. Anyone have a suggestion for such a place? I know I could go into any steakhouse and order a few of their deserts. I was hoping there were a few places with smaller portions that we could try a few unique things.

Looking for under $100 total for 2 for the food.

2. queentata

queentata VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't tried it, but the American Fish happy hour or lounge menu looks great. Since we go with the flow in Vegas, and hardly ever make dinner reservations, I think we will be trying many different lounge menus this time. Hope more folks chime inn.

3. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

someone has to help me out with the name, but emeril lagasse's place, up the escalator at the palazzo, would really fit the bill. you get some twists on the celebrity chef dishes, but you could really do some appetizers and desserts and have quite a meal on your budget.

the shrimp skewers that my bride had, compared to the appetizer bbq shrimp at delmonico, were a great value in comparison, and i wish i could remember the specific dishes we both had, but cannot quite remember...though the bottle of wine that we could afford might have a tiny bit to do with it!

4. hla

hla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you talking about Table 10?

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hla, that's a nice bottle of wine you have in your avatar. we had a bottle of 1990 Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Echezeaux a couple of trips ago that was very good.

6. hla

hla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! I'm a big fan of grand cru Burgundies. 1990 Romanee Conti Echezeaux is a very nice bottle of wine..

7. technolight

technolight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    bottle of 1990 Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Echezeaux

On sale at Walmart $3.99.

8. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never, ever buy a desert at restaurants because...

Because they are too sweet with lots of sugar and super large. Most of them are dark chocolate. They cost from $5.99 on up and after a large meal that
    is just too much to eat.

You said you want to try different desserts. The best place to go is to any buffet. My favorite is Harrahs because they have plates filled with 3 different tiny desserts that you can try.
    They have tiny pecan pie tarts, tiny lemon tarts, strawberry cream tarts,
    mixed fresh fruit tarts, slices of cakes, ice cream, sorbet, cookies.

You can take a bite out of each one that you choose. Then eat the one you really like.....or eat them all.lol.

Or you can just go to the Paris Hotel Bakery and buy some beautiful desserts. LucyR.

9. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try Jaleo @ Cosmopolitan. Great tapas place were u can try many different things in smaller portions. Also as someone has mentioned i heard great things about happy hour at American Fish.

10. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really enjoyed Julian Serrano in Aria. My friend and I shared 3 wonderful tapas and didn't even make it to dessert but we had planned to as the dessert menu looks great. I am going back on my next trip.

11. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed China Poblano at my last visit. It has Two open kitchens. One Chinese and one Mexican. You can order from both. They make everything fresh right in front of you. Dim Sum and Taco's to die for. The deserts that I had where unusual and very light. This is the menu but I would also look up the you tube video about the place. http://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/pdf/menu/ChinaPoblano0312.pdf

12. hokdo

hokdo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go to The Sugar Factory located inside the Paris(and outside until midnight on the Planet Hollywood side of Paris). My wife had a frozen hot chocolate and I had a red velvet cake brownie, a piece of cake on top of a fudge brownie, it was probably the greatest thing I have ever eaten!

13. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

yes, it was table 10 i was referring to. thank you for getting the name for me.

china pablano...i do not know how the original poster would ever get enough to eat at that budget.

this place takes small plates to a whole nother smaller level. was not impressed by the college living room seating, the value of the food, or the pounding level of the chinese opera music over the sound system. that said, it is associated with a celebrity chef.

14. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I vote for.......

THE SUGAR FACTORY for dinner and dessert! I heard the people love the food and the desserts. You can have a nice dinner and then OD on the sweets. It is a super popular place to eat at. Very pretty place too.
    You can buy desserts to take to your hotel room too.

You must go there! LucyR.

15. BTHOthatguy

BTHOthatguy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jaleo and Julian Serrano are also not doable on a $50 per person budget.

16. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe not if you are starving. But OP was looking for a few deserts to share or maybe some appetizers.

17. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to second Julian Serrano - though as others have pointed out, if you order too much it might be over your budget - but I think tapas is a good idea from what it sounds like you want - you might also want to consider La Cave at Wynn.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.