1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Going to eat ONE breakfast buffet.

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by aceofspades96367, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aceofspades96367

aceofspades96367 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    for this trip to Vegas. Leaning towards Wicked Spoon. Is it worth it and does it live up to the reviews I have seen here and there on this site. Also, other suggestions are welcome. Thank you!

2. jvferg72

jvferg72 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there a month ago and everything was delish! I was not happy to see that they no longer serve red velvet pancakes though. :cry:

3. Boogaloo

Boogaloo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. aceofspades96367

aceofspades96367 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Boogaloo: Won't get in until Sunday until after it ends; and not a big fan of THAT much Mexican food. But thanks for the suggestion and link.

jvferg72: Thanks for the info/feedback. Glad to hear it was all very tasty. I had heard about the red velvet pancakes, but obviously never had them here. Sorry to hear they are now a no-show.

5. Bamfbowhunter

Bamfbowhunter Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I loved the brunch buffet at wicked spoon with all you could drink mimosas.. Everythign we had there was great.. I will for sure be hitting up hash house a gogo when im out there in a few weeks.. But i will also be hitting up wicked spoon

6. streetshine

streetshine Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    how much was it extra for all you could drink mimosas? is it available on the weekend?

7. Bamfbowhunter

Bamfbowhunter Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wanna say it was like 10$ extra for the mimosas.. And i think its only friday-sun.. But dont quote me on that

8. franco802

franco802 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went there last year in May for lunch and it sucked. Not impressed at all. Would of rather had buffet at Mirage which is 100 times better. Also, Mirage buffet has an awesome breakfast.

9. farkingidiot

farkingidiot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the Wicked Spoon is the best breakfast buffet to date. Let alone the fact that they have pre-portioned dishes for a lot of stuff in stylish containers, I think they have the best mix of food and most importantly, they seem to keep everything fresh. (I'm looking straight at you Bellagio buffet :nono:) Part of the appeal of Wicked Spoon, for me, is they do little twists on common dishes (like the above mentioned red velvet pancakes) You get standard fare with culinary twists. Like grits? then try the their shrimp and grits, which has some unique seasoning. The sausage seems to be homemade. You have to try the angry mac and cheese (spicy!). I don't mean to overhype it, but when I'm in Vegas, all I do are buffets and I've tried a LOT of them. Most are comparatively unadventurous in what they present. Not so with Wicked Spoon (and Wynn, my top two).

10. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the Paris buffet for breakfast is pretty good. Great Crepes, excellent pastries, coffee, juice, smoked salmon etc.

11. celticnoel79

celticnoel79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we stayed at Cosmo last year we were very let down with Wicked Spoon, we tried the breakfast buffet one day and thought we would give it the benefit of the doubt and try the dinner buffet which was even worse! Food was stored on so called "hot plates" but in actual fact it didnt keep the food hot at all, after the 2nd bad experience we've never been back. Ive found buffet opinions to vary a lot tho and down to personal taste, maybe with us being from Scotland our tastes are different but our personal best breakfast buffet was Luxor, absolutely loved it! They do freshly made omlettes right it front of you which are superb! When we stayed at Wynn we liked all their buffets but Aria was another disappointment, which was a pity as we loved everything else about our stay there.

12. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the Flamingo buffet for breakfast, sitting by the windows and enjoying the sunshine, birds, fish, and water. The food itself is unfairly criticized in my opinion, and the atmosphere more than makes up for any shortcomings. The selection is huge, the seating area is expansive and varied rooms and levels. Sure beats eating in the basement dungeons of Planet Hollywood and Luxor.

13. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will tell everyone that will listen that Bellagio and Wynn are must do experiences.......except at breakfast. I was SO disappointed with the breakfast at Bellagio. Breakfast was just breakfast. Harrah's breakfast was as good as Bellagio's. All good and edible, just not much of an adventure.

Paris though, has some different stuff. So that's why I recommend it.

14. Bluto

Bluto Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Studio B at The M does a great breakfast, cost only $10.99 with players card and turns over to lunch at 10:30am (can you say brunch?).

A closer option is the rio, always a solid choice.

15. redsoxmom5

redsoxmom5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Totally agree.

16. VivaLostWages

VivaLostWages Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. I ate there when they had the 24hr buffet pass for like $30 for the Harrah's properties. Very solid B-fast.

17. mossman

mossman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also enjoyed Mandalay Bay breakfast buffet because you get to see sunshine, palm trees while eating. Great way to start the day!! Food was pretty good as well.

18. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a rule we don't do buffets, but prior to this trip we decided to give the Paris buffet a try due to numerous reviews on this board.

We were extremely happy we gave it a try. There is plenty of fresh food there and plenty of food period. For the omelet station I asked the guy to only do 1/2 of what he was doing for everyone else and it was still hard to eat it all as it was still a good size.

Using our Total Reward's card the breakfast was something like $33 total which is an outstanding price for all you get.
    Breakfast at another restaurant another day cost us $40 and that was before adding the tip.

(Do a search and see what you find.)

19. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not a fan of buffets but I did try out the Wicked Spoon back in April and I have to agree that it was very good.

20. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO breakfast should be done inexpensively. That said as a bargain play would consider the Orleans.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.