1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Surprising Total Rewards comps?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by nsideirish, May 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsideirish

nsideirish Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok..little backstory: I was in Vegas during March Madness weekend and opened up a TR account. I did not do too much gambling at Caesar properties besides an hour or two of craps at Caesars and some craps at Paris/PH. Due to my lack of play, I didn't really expect any offers. However, I am in the process of planning a Labor Day trip and checked my Rewards account just for the heck of it and realized I have comped rooms at every one of their properties on every day of the week (except weekends at Caesar's Palace--which they give me deeply discounted rates).

Anyone else experience this? I am about as basic of a Gold member as can be with TR. Right now, I am booked for for 3 nights at PH during Labor Day weekend all comped. Are the comped rooms really random or is there some kind of method to their thinking of offering comped rooms to such a low ranking member, even during a busy weekend?

2. trooth

trooth Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET is very generous with their comps. As long as you give them play while you are they will keep giving you rooms. Caesars rooms are harder to come by, good towers there are especially less forthcoming, but they give free rooms if you play with them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

3. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET is generous with comps to first time members. If they see something in you play patterns or your demographics they like, they will give you an offer to come back. But if they don't get what they expected on your return visit, the comps will start to disappear.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Often, when people say they are generous with comps, especially to first time players, they are talking about rooms. Getting other stuff may still be far off.

Their theory is they can tempt you to come back and fill a room, spend money on food and drink and gamble - maybe even more this time.

5. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It happens all the time. Once you play just enough to get on their radar, they want to entice you to come back out. If you stay there and play less, the offers may go down, but all in all they are still pretty generous.

6. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

They have a bazillion rooms to fill, and filling them brings cash to slots, tables, restaurants and stores. Play little or less, your room overlooks the parking lot and not refurbished. Play more, you get strip view and upgrades.

So, free rooms are easy to get with CET, as said prior, beyond that things can get a little harder to come by.

Empty rooms equal empty pockets to CET.
    Full room is full pockets in their eyes and they presume you'll leave some of that money on their properties, a reasonable presumption

7. Grid

Grid Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like everyone said they give up the rooms like its nothing. But dont expect anything else. My last 3 day stay with CET (at Planet Hollywood) I only gambled at CET joints since they set me up for free. I got my room but all I earned while playing was 1,400 tier credit. So I gambled through $7,000.00 in 3 days and that earned me $14.00 in reward credits to buy my own food.

Same bankroll 3 days comped at Mandalay Bay got me my room Plus almost $100 in express comps to eat and see shows with, and $78.00 in point play that I could gamble with. So CET gave me $14 & MGM gave me almost $200. And all my offers for MGM properties come with at least $50.00 in free play along with the room. I've never gotten that with CET.

So yeah CET will toss you a room, but dont expect much more unless you are a very big player.

8. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you go based on just the points from the programs, I guess MLife may offer more. But despite what people may tell you, they can do discretionary comps at CET. You probably could have gotten more than $14 out of them. And for really small players, you may get express comps at MLife but you won't get free rooms at all. Everyone needs to try them all and everyone needs to really test them and see what they can get, not just rely on what the computer spits out.

9. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    as others have said new card users will get some great comps....this does not last long.

On a side note, im really pissed that my AC play has got me no offers for vegas. about 1000$ in play has landed me all the offers I could ever want for AC but none for vegas. 1000$play in vegas will use to land me ceasers comped.

Take the days while you have em!

10. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try emailing total rewards and tell them you want to go to Vegas. They will give you a song and a dance that they can't help; but chances are Vegas offers will start turning up. Also, are you checking the calendar rates while signed into website? There should be good news for you there.

11. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

Why not just call a CET property in LV directly and ask to speak to a host?

12. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First step would just be login and check the rate calendar. You don't need offers for free rooms at CET.

13. jukie

jukie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have recently returned from 3 comp nights at Flamingo (first ever comped nights with TR) I checked after getting home and found most weekdays comped for the rest of year so went searching for a decent flight from the UK. Found a flight went bak in to TR and found NO comp nights.

So maybethey do only offer comp night to low rollers once?

I thought we spent quite a lot there over the 5 days we stayed (3 comped)

14. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jukie, keep going in and checking the calendar. It changes constantly as people book and then drop reservations. This afternoon you may find your days comp'ed again, but you need to book it when you see it.

Beth.

15. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:

Just like airline flights, the free deals come and go. Prices constantly go up and down along with comped nights.

Keep checking. Make sure you are logged in. Sometimes adding a spouses TR number gives you a better deal, sometimes not.

16. jukie

jukie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for both replies, have been checking every other day almost for a month. just me or my wife or both of us logged in to no avail:cry:

17. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    free rooms with cet are easy ,there cheap with there food and other stuff

18. KnowItAll

KnowItAll VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep checking, you also might consider booking somewhere else and then cancelling a few days later and see if that changes anything

19. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your Tier Credits normally do not have any equality to your Rewards Credits. However it depends on how much you sit at a machine. If you 'hop & go' you won't earn much more than the normal TCs. However if you are like me & hang out at a machine for an extended period of time, I normally earn about 3 to 4 times as much in Rewards Credits as Tier Credits.

20. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jukie - you are trying it both ways - with you logged in & entering your spouse as the 'companion' and also visa versa? I get most low-mid level stuff comped anyway but by adding my mom's number in an experiment (she has FOUR Tier Credits) I was able to go from $307 for 5 night stay at Caesars to $0 in all 3 of the lowest room levels.

To enter the companions TR # you have to use the 'Reservations' link at the top vs. the 'calendar' option on the left side of the page. The calendar option doesn't seem to allow the entry of a companion # (unless I missed it earlier).

Otherwise, call them (hopefully call isn't too much!) and just ask if they can provide you a better rate than online - explain that you had comped rooms showing & you can't bring them back up now and can they provide any help? Sometimes they can. I had a night at Paris I would have had to pay for & I was willing to stay elsewhere the first night (which was why I did it via phone). She said 'oh you don't want to move hotels' & had me hold for a few minutes & when she came back I had another free night at Paris. To get it to work she had to actually enter another promo code for a single night but they joined the ressies & I stayed in the same room all 5 nights.

Sometimes it might also be as easy as clearing your temp files & your cookies so it isn't retaining any info from previously logged in sessions. Delta has a nasty habit of upping flight prices on ones you have looked at if you wait to book. So I normally clear out all temp files & cookies, then go back & view OTHER flights specifically that I want. Then when I go back to the one I 'really' wanted in the first place, it's back to the lower price!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.