1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Limo question

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by scott8175, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scott8175

scott8175 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm thinking about getting a limo for our vegas arrival in June. Prob go w/ presidential, i've heard many good things.

question: Is a 1 hour rental long enough to get picked up at the airport, stop by the Vegas sign for a couple pics (touristy I know, but never done it), stop by a liquor/grocery store and get to the Flamingo? Don't really care about cruising the strip or anything. For cost reasons, I'd like to keep it to the one hour.

Thanks

2. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends how busy the airport is, how busy the roads are etc. Personally I'd do the sign on the way back to the airport as an hour is way more time than needed to drive back there. That's presuming you're taking a round trip package.

3. scott8175

scott8175 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually wasn't going to do the round-trip package, only because we arriving in a group of 6, but are all leaving at separate times.

4. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I reckon six people waiting for luggage and stopping for beer might be your lot, but you can always offer the driver an extra $20 to take pics at the sign.

5. scott8175

scott8175 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I noticed they start your hour when you flight lands too, not when you get in the car.....maybe I'll skip the L-Store and just hit the sign. Paying more for a bottle of booze on the strip will be cheaper than an extra hour. Is there anywhere reasonable to stock up on redbull/vodka/etc... that' walking distance from Flamingo? Thanks.

6. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stage Door deli, on Harmon or Audrie, behind Flamingo, next to Battista's.

7. jamie1983

jamie1983 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All depends on your driver and the mood they are in. I've gotten a limo every time I have been to Vegas and every driver has been willing to take us for a cruise of the strip and stop at the Vegas sign except one. The funny thing was, that same driver the next time had no problem doing it. He must have been in a bad mood that first time.

I would book the hour, ask him to make the stops and tip him well, or even tell him up front that you'll throw him an extra 20 or so on top of whatever tip you were already going to give.

8. bedaniels

bedaniels High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had a group of 5 last Aug used presidential limo and yes we were able to stop at the sign, buy booze, and get to the MC in plenty of time, the flamingo is just a couple blocks away so I don't think it would be a problem. The pictures at the sign go pretty quick, so even if there are several groups ahead of you the sign does not take that long. How long you spend in the liquor store is up to you. Presidential Limo was on time and had great service.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.