1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo Room Types

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by proudaunt, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. proudaunt

proudaunt Low-Roller

I am booking a 5 night stay at Flamingo in August for my 50th birthday (when did I get so old???). I can get all 5 nights comped in my choice of these room types:

GO Deluxe
    Deluxe
    FAB Deluxe
    FAB Luxury

Which of these is the best type of room? I will be traveling with a female friend, so the size of the bathroom, of course, is important. Thanks!

2. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GO Deluxe will be the best. GO rooms are very nice. Bathrooms are a good size. I have a GO room booked for September. See if you can get an upgrade to GO Luxury - same as the other GO rooms, just with a view.

3. Mayoman

Mayoman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, GO rooms are the nicest.

4. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GO Room for sure

5. proudaunt

proudaunt Low-Roller

GO room is reserved. Thanks for the replies and advice! Can't wait for the trip!!

6. Drgonslyer

Drgonslyer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    See if you can get them to upgrade you to a Go Room w/a view. Views are nice - that is if you don't mind pink.

7. Rogue Devlin

Rogue Devlin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was determined to book the Mirage but after reading all the posts about the Flamingo, I have been charmed with the Flamingo. I think I'll be booking it for July (though the weather scares me a bit)- definitely a GO with view room.

8. blissfulignoramus

blissfulignoramus 3:2, nothing else will do

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just saw this article at VegasChatter:

http://www.vegaschatter.com/story/2012/4/26/132623/171/vegas-travel/Should+Linq+Construction+Keep+You+Away+From+Flamingo%3F

One of the things that scared me away from Center Strip my next trip is the Linq construction, which should enter demo phase next week.

A useful tidbit:

"A call over to the Flamingo found us chatting with a guest service rep who told us that a request to be on the south side of the hotel "should" keep guests away from the noise."

Some good info on The Linq:

http://www.vegastripping.com/news/blog/4215/linq-sayonara-osheas-imperial-palace/

9. PSM

PSM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OP, WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T BOOK A GO ROOM!!!!!!!!!

Nah, I'm just kidding. Book a Go room. :D

10. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
  11. nikki1978

nikki1978 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked a go room for this June looking forward to it

12. erzeszut

erzeszut Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe (though not 100% sure) that the GO rooms and the FAB rooms are clustered in separate "towers" (though they all interconnect with one another).

I've been told that the "GO Tower" is the south half of the complex, the tower that fronts Flamingo Road and the south half of the Strip-facing side. This tower projects out a little closer to the Strip, and gets the best views.

The "FAB Tower" is the north half of the Strip-front building and the short leg of the complex that parallels the alley between Flamingo and O'sheas/IP.

So given this logic, the GO rooms would be the furthest from construction, and FAB or Deluxe rooms (especially north-facing) would be the closest. All Deluxe rooms are in the process of being converted to FAB rooms, and this may already be done.

13. Melissah07

Melissah07 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I saw this I decided to do a little research for our reservation in August. We were booked for 5 nights in a Fab Deluxe room at $382. I just upgraded us to a Go Luxury for $440! Super happy! I know the Go Luxury was over $700 when we booked it. I'm wondering if the construction is affecting their business, in turn affecting their rates. Whatever it is, better deal for us!

14. Melissah07

Melissah07 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oops, I accidentally replied to this instead of another thread. Sorry!

15. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had to extend my trip another two days so I can stay for the UFC, I was leaving on the 6th and now I'm going on the 8th.

I was going to extend in the Palazzo where I'm spending the 5 days prior, I fancy a change though and the Flamingo looks as good a place as anywhere.

I was just wondering how big the resort is inside, would it be similar in size to the IP?

I'm not too mobile so am just trying to workout if I should get a scooter for the last couple days or just make do with crutches to get about. I can probably manage getting around resorts like the IP on them but somewhere like the Bellagio/Palazzo will be too big.

I saw someone posting about how the GO rooms are nearer to the strip than the others, is this the case?

TIA and roll on the summer :)

16. lornauk

lornauk Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i have booked a go room , cant wait :wave:

17. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you request a room near elevators they will likely accomdate you. I have never been more than 4-5 doors from an elevator. Scooter rentals are available at all CET props, normally at concierge desk. When we did it last it was about $150 for a 5 day chunk. They do put a high hold on cc though in case you steal it lol. Awesome service!

Easter again..:
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.