1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

this one time... in vegas.....

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by LV Terry, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV Terry

LV Terry Captain Flop'N Fold

My Trip Report

Finally dowloaded some pics from the October trip with the fellas....

DAY 1

Angel Park... feels like coming home.

[​IMG]

Second tee box... first round of screwdrivers (first of Many)

[​IMG]

Had a truly great day on the golf course, then it was back to the room to clean up for dinner... might as well have a shot and a beer first, though, right? yyyyyeeeahhhh.... 4 men, 1 bottle of Patron, 30 minutes. Done. Oh, and we had an icechest full of Spaten (the beer they serve at the Hofbrauhaus) too. The natural next step? Of Course we opened the Other bottle of tequila!! Casadores this time. Sheesh. Geniuses, we are.

Shake a beer up your buddies shorts!! effin' Hillarious.

[​IMG]

did i mention how much we drank?

[​IMG]

I'm.... not really sure what happened the rest of day 1.

2. LV Terry

Day 2

Started the day with breakfast at the Nugget buffet. We were all pretty crunchy after the previous day's activities... we had the Best. Waitress. Ever. Super nice Korean woman who treated us like her own sons... so cool. We left her a big pile of cash, and she asked us to come back every morning! hahahaa

[​IMG]

After breakfast it was on to The Dome at the Plaza (where we were staying) for a day of college football, since it had turned to cold and windy for golf. We enjoyed The Dome so much on Saturday, we came back to do it again Sunday!

[​IMG]

Ended up going to dinner at the 777 Brewpub at MSS. Happened to run into Coaster Kikky and friends while we were there.

[​IMG]

Played a Ton of poker on Saturday and Sunday... mostly at Binions and then at the Nugget. There was a huge contingent of hearing impaired players at Binions for a big tournament.. they were very interesting to play with, and nice people to the last one of them that I met. Had good luck overall for the trip, winning $25 - $100 every time I played. We never got to play another round of golf, as the weather stayed cold, but we made the best of it. heh.

Oh yeah... woke up with a stomach virus monday morning.. not good.. very not good. Had to have Tommy pull over so I could hurl in the breakdown of the I-15 just before Tropicana. Not as epic as a trashcan under the canopy, but we all do what we can. Was brushing my teeth in the bathroom a couple days later and my wife says, "hey!! you have two bruises on your chest! how did you get those?!!" I shrug and say, "beats me"... she is not amused. I am. once again... *heh*

3. sanonofresurfer

sanonofresurfer Dude

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dude? Is that you on the floor....with only the foot visible? NICE!:thumbsup:

YES! UDI's (Unidentified Drunken Injuries) are the best. Try taking someone out to Vegas on the sly and listening to them try and tell their psuedo kinda sorta boyfriend how she got her bruises....when no one can explain them....and she wasn't supposed to be in vegas in the first place. Heh. :kill::kill::kill:

4. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well done. The plaza dome bar is cool. Twice i've been there now and thought, this would be a good place to camp out during the games.

5. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Terry - nice pics. Thanks for posting. Looks like a fun time.

later, GVJ

6. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn Terry, did you fall down... AGAIN? :evillaugh

7. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the TR Terry.

8. LV Terry

That is Not my foot, and that guy did Not "fall down"... he got drilled linebacker style, flew across the bed, and ended up in the crumpled heap you see depicted. To add insult to injury, there was obvious taunting after the play, which drew a penalty... of a payback hit, of course. yeah.. i have No Idea how I got bruised.. hahahahaha

9. Jack21

Jack21 Guest

Nice, Terry. Truly nice. Thank you.

10. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I noticed you wearing your manly Bruins polo there at the Nugget. Did you *see* what my Sun Devils did to them two weeks ago???

It happened while Doc was here in town, so blame him.

Mikey

11. LV Terry

Can't do it..... already blamed him for putting money on the Raiders while he was there, busting their winning streak at.... one.

12. darnae

darnae High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dude, that sounds like something I discussed with my OB/GYN!!

We always called them "drunk bumps". Worst I ever got was on spring break at Padre. Really dark bruises on my leg. NO clue where they came from.

13. LV Terry

hehe.... i Really thought you were gonna say something other than leg.. hahahahahaa

14. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn...so was I...there must be a better story than that, don't you think Terry? :wink2:

15. DZbettin

DZbettin Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

What is the Dome at the Plaza? Is it a sports bar? sports book? is it worth a special trip downtown for it?

16. sunni

sunni VIP Whale

Drunk Bumps.....:kill::kill::kill:Thanks for the pics Terry. :wave:

17. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We called them UDIs as well (unidentified drinking injuries). I had many many in colleges. I bruise pretty easily. I still have unidentified bruising nearly every week, it's just not drinking related these days. Well, most of the time at least.

So Terry, you took a golfing trip to Vegas and golfed once? That's pretty impressive:poke::thumbsup:

18. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So you're saying it took the 4 of you a full half hour to finish off a bottle of Patron? Bah!

I remember 5 of us in a limo taking 5 minutes once upon a time. And your last shot was half Patron and half Ketel One. Now That was priceless!

19. pattiinontario

pattiinontario "PATTI-O-LANTERNS"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I still think it is your leg Terry and you are just pushing it off on your buddy since he isn't here to tell the real play by play.....lol
    I have one of those UDI's as well. Seems to be a pattern with this group.
    Nice pics and reports Terry :beer:

20. LV Terry

The Dome is a sports bar, that also has a betting window (genius!!). The space used to be an upscale restaurant with a killer view down the FSE. They have tried to make it a comfortable place to chill and watch games, hence the living room type furniture that you can move around to your convenience. It's not worth a trip downtown, but it's definitely a good option for watching games if that's where you're staying. Good prices on buckets of beers and food as well.

weellllll..... but you also have to factor in the 7 hours of drinking at the golf course before we got to the tequila!! hahahaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.