1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Luxor or Excalibur for honeymoon?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by TrueblueAl, Sep 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrueblueAl

TrueblueAl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking to book my 2nd trip to vegas next May for my honeymoon and due to wedding expenses etc will be on a tighter budget this time. Last time i stayed at nyny and it was fantastic but it was a bit more expensive and prices seem to have gone up a bit from a couple of years ago. Looking at prices and still wanting to be on the strip the Luxor and Excalibur are coming in at good prices. When visiting noth hotels on my last vist they both had their charms and i liked the themes of both. Excalibur is coming in a little bit cheaper than Luxor but just looking for advice on what hotel is better? Any advice is very much appreciated.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For honeymoon... I would lean more towards Luxor that Excal (kids).

Rates may move around a bit between now and then. Book what looks good and keep and eye on rates. This of course often is not an option when booking through a third party site, so watch that.

3. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with Nostresshere on booking and then keeping an eye on the rates.

If you are able to fly out via Southwest you may want to look at their vacation packages to Vegas for flight and hotel. I have done it this way 3 times because I could not get any better combo for price booking each individually as I am a low roller with minimal comps available from the properties.

The May info will probably be available in mid October on Southwest's sight.

Also hit up all of the properties on cyber Monday after Thanksgiving as I have gotten great deals booked on that day.

Hope this helps and congrats.

4. TrueblueAl

TrueblueAl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheers guys. I'll probably book it through a travel agent here in scotland. Some decent prices showing for both hotels via a couple of travel agents (more or less same as it would cost to book rooms and flights seperate myself) and there are direct flights from glasgow. I take it wifi is available in both hotels?

5. Rooster0620

Rooster0620 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup. Gimme the Luxor of those two.

6. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah, from Scotland. This adds a few twists.

If the price is the same for hotel with TA - it might be worth it to do hotel separate and watch for deals. Airfare is somewhat different, though specials run there often as well. But hard to change. You can always change hotel if you book direct. Usually hard to do if booked via a Travel Agent.

7. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd vote Luxor, simply because I think you're more likely to get upgraded to a nice suite if you tell them it's your honeymoon there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Luxor. Towers not Pyramid. DO play that honeymoon card, do do do.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. WHU66

WHU66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try signing up for Mlife and not doing a package. I'm from the Uk (near London) and sometimes with airline sales and Mlife promotions it's cheaper doing it separately, rather than package and you may get a deal via Mlife. Once you sign up, email them, let them know it's your honeymoon trip and see what comes! Good luck and all the best for the upcoming nuptials!

10. Dino86

Dino86 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey prices have gone up from Scotland even Thomas cook bumped prices up 150 in a month for flight only

BA have a deal on the now for Vegas 600 for flight and hotel 5 nights in Luxor and MGM etc flight only with Continental from Edinburgh is 478 return

11. TrueblueAl

TrueblueAl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was veering more towards the luxor but the gf was veering to excalibur. We are looking to go for 10 nights and if i remember rightlyfrom last time i went that upgrades to the room were unlikely due to the long legnth of time we would be staying. Im off work today so going to have a wee look about on internet and go to a fee tw travel agents to compare more prices.

12. Tuggy79

Tuggy79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alright Al, Tuggy from Scotland too mate. I'm flying out this Sunday. 2nd trip too.

We've booked it through British Airways both times, the flight and hotel deal. Keep checking their website as ours dropped by £600 and that was when we decided to book it.

13. TrueblueAl

TrueblueAl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Again really appreciate the replies folks. Got a quote online there 10 nights at excal with direct flights from glasgow at £1600. Anyone reckon we could get much better than that?

14. joehypnosis

joehypnosis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trueblue, I think you will find most people steering you towards a Luxor tower-not-pyramid room here. I think you could probably get a competitive room rate at a place like the Mirage if you can join mlife and check rates DAILY for a few weeks. Congrats!!!!

15. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    10 days? I would surely book two different hotels. Maybe 5 nights at Luxor and 5 up at Mirage

16. makuk

makuk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Neither are quality hotels for a honeymoon, avoid like the plague! Check out flights with Norwegian, you would have to fly down to London but the money you save on the flight will enable you to stay in a much better hotel.

17. TrueblueAl

TrueblueAl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know mate and when originally going to book I was looking at the more upper end hotels but to be honest we are only in the rooms for sleeping so really didn't see it as worth the extra. Will be keeping an eye on deals though.

18. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    only in the room for sleeping? sure you are:haha::evillaugh:

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would vote luxor as well.. They are both right next door and actually have some decent dining options around. you have the food court between the two. Between the luxor and Mandala you have a few nice burger bars.

20. pd54

pd54 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I take it you have used trivago for cost comparison?

Also try booking through expedia or ebookers as they sometimes give you discount for the flight and hotel package.

As others have said, there is the option to book flights direct with airline and hotel direct with hotel. If the prices become cheaper you have free cancellation and can re-book at the new price.

Lastly, try signing up for a Revolut card. It gives you perfect exchange rates so you'll save some money when you are purchasing things in Las Vegas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.