1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Comedy, Cirque, zombie burlesque, discounts and fun in the sun?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Vegas Insight, Jul 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It has been a while since I've visited Sin City... too long, and I won't be back for a while yet.

Because of that, or perhaps in spite of that, I need to remind myself of a few details, and hope y'all can help. I have a group of folks going this fall, and a few people have different ideas about what they'd like to do during our trip.

A couple of people are interested in a big show from the Cirque folks.... I assume those shows aren't discounted much, at least not the better ones. I see tix4tonight.com claims to have some discount Cirque show tickets at their booths

Doesn't appear goldstar.com promises any such thing.

Are there other discount ticket brokers (I know some exist) that you folks deem worth checking on a regular basis?

There was a recent discussion of Absinthe that suggested there aren't a lot of discount tickets to be had for that show.

One group wants to go to see a comedy show (old-fashioned stand up, not a magic or hypnosis show served with a side of yucks.) I believe the Harrah's comedy club closed, and I'm forgetting who else on the strip has a showroom dedicated to knock knock jokes. It looks like Tropicana still has a comedy room, and it appears Biff from Back to the Future is going to be there in a couple of weeks. I'd love to see that.

I'm interested in seeing Zombie Burlesque. I'll look up some reviews at a later date, when I have a real computer, and one that works. If you have a thumbs up or down rating, don't hesitate to share it.

Thanks to all!

2. mescalita

mescalita old and in the way...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thumbs up for Zombie Burlesque - a little campy, a bit raunchy, whole lot of fun....

3. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Zombie Burlesque is funny but not erotic. If it's sexy women and boobs you want to see there are a lot better options. But the MC is great and there are a lot of laughs. Brad Garrett's Comedy Club at the MGM has good comics and it's a nice room. It's even better when Garrett himself performs (although ticket prices will be higher). I had the pleasure of seeing him last month. Front row. Got picked on a lot :)

4. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for the info Vic.

5. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my LVA book has a buy-1-get-1 coupon for Zombie Burlesque tix, and I know ticket discounters sell them below box office pricing. I don't see any value in buying the tix thru a broker, other than buying them in advance. Anyone have an opinion?

6. Living the life

Living the life Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, I am new to this forum. Can you tell me where I would get an Lva book? I will be in Vegas for October.

7. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Google the key words and you'll find a link to this site: http://www.lasvegasadvisor.com/whyjoin-mrbdetails.cfm

It's a few bucks more to have it delivered by mail, but even with a rental car I wouldn't want to drive to their office and pick up my copy during normal business hours when I get to Vegas. It's worth the few extra bucks, and odds are you'll have the book in your mailbox within a week. Worst-case scenario probably 10 days. If you live in Canada, as your location might suggest, then I can't tell you how fast it will arrive in your mailbox.

Unless you really want a hard copy to pass among friends, it's not worth the extra $10 to get a mailed newsletter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.