1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

El Cortez - Design A Suite A/C and Questions?

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by dooner, Sep 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any feedback on how the air conditioning is in the suites? Cool enough? No 'sensors' to turn on? Noise level?

I know @tdhoier has stayed here many times - and with his legendary trip reports, may know some of the answers?

Any suggestion (or do you have any input at/before check in) about which suite to get? Booked two separate suites for two nights for friend and I was curious if there is one suite preference over another? Pictures seem to have either a Jacuzzi suite and one with a bar.

Where are they located? (on top floor of tower?) Are they quiet?

Got a wicked deal from this forum - cost $35 per night total! Hope they honor the email confirmation, since I know these go for over $150 / night normally? Computer glitch allowed all rooms to be booked for same price a few week ago!

2. TJC

TJC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in a Super Cabana Suite a couple of weeks ago and it had 2 a/c units in the wall. They had digital controls on each unit and it was like an igloo in there. I'd assume the designer suites have the 2 a/c setup also.

3. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks TJC, but I think the Design-A-Suites are in the Tower, not across the street in the old Ogden building where the Cabanas are. I agree with you about the Cabana Suites though - nice and cold (except they blow on your face near the bed) - I had to set up a little blocker with my luggage to divert the air above my face!!

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. 63hearts

63hearts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in 700 and yes they are in the tower, if you hunt around el Cortez website the pictures of the alligator skull and desert wall paper was the one I was in, lots of space, decent bathroom and additional jacuzzi. The couch/tv area is sizeable and comfortable and desk functional yet not tacky. The big sleep was the suites name I believe

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. TJC

TJC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aaah, I did not realize that. Very good info.

6. frankb

frankb Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think those prices were a glitch. I saw them recently as well for some of the slowest midweek days of the years in December.

7. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually have my reservation for that time period. The glitch part seems to be the actual ability to book them online. The $23 was across the board for every room type from Vintage to Cabana to Design-a-Suite. I don't think they meant to slip those suites into the 'all encompassing' reservation section.

8. mikel123

mikel123 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    dooner, this WAS a computer glitch confirmed by ElCo reservations people. They have since taken the ability to book the designer suites off of the website. I would call before your stay to make sure they are still going to honor it. Had to put up a bit of a fight to get my $28/nt. rate honored.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.