1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Solo Nightlife

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by shawnj1, Mar 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shawnj1

shawnj1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a solo trip coming up in a few weeks Sun-Wednesday. What is the Nightlife seen like going solo (24)? I don't know if I will be able to pull myself away from the tables to do any "nightlife" stuff, but what would the scene be like solo?

2. slatts

slatts Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you a somewhat attractive person who is able to talk to women, and don't mind dropping a little bit of money on drinks? If so, the nightlife is literally whatever you want it to be going solo at a club. Or if you're not that confident to pick up girls at a club, any tourist-y bar on the Strip should be able to net you someone to hang out with for a couple hours.

3. JoastTheMost

JoastTheMost Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey man, I'm freshly 26 and I've been on one totally solo trip, and then was solo for two nights before my buddies arrived this past trip (just posted the TR!)

Honestly, it's all about confidence. I am a pretty shy dude when it comes to girls, but I'll occasionally get lucky and they will approach me, or I'll get hammered and make a pretty lousy attempt at an approach. So if you're in that boat, I totally get it. I just went to see Skrillix at Surrender, and even though I was alone most of the time it was a BLAST. Get hammered and do you. If you're feeling ballsy make some approaches. Walk the strip. Gamble. USE TINDER (not even lying; you don't even have to use it for hookups. Plenty of people on there are down to hang or gamble or whatever).

I had a blast solo. More fun with friends for sure, but don't be intimidated! Face your fears my friend!

Also, as I learned this trip, the Vesper Bar at the Cosmo is an incredible place to meet people.

Have fun! Feel free to message me if you want to know about my experiences or whatever

4. crapsguy5000

crapsguy5000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can only state from experience where I met women very easily;(most initiated conversations and I partied with a few); that were not hookers and looked like if you played your cards right you could hook up. They were Bourbon Room, Carnival Court, Stage Door, Double Down Saloon, Downtown Cocktail Room, Don't Tell Mama, Griffin, Chandelier Bar, Long Bar at The "D", Main stage on Fremont Street around 10:00 P.M.

5. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like to dress up when I go out at night and all I seem to attract are working girls. :(

6. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will take it as a plus.

7. HairyDawg

HairyDawg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once I hit about 35 the same thing started happening to me. I am pretty average looking (i.e. Not typically randomly picked up at a bar) and it took me a few seconds to realize... Wait, I know what this is!!! LOL.

Now it happens regularly and just makes me laugh. I think it goes with my age/demographic. I also think being solo you are an easier approach for a working girl.

8. ron_ron

ron_ron Low-Roller

excuse my ignorance - but how do you tell the difference ?

9. Quick Sand

Quick Sand Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm always flying solo. I've never had an issue hooking up with people. Just confidently strike up a conversation with people and you'll know when the magic's happening :)

10. Quick Sand

Quick Sand Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's unlikely to find a pretty girl sitting by herself making eye contact and trying to get your attention (generally speaking). Besides, if you read into the way they are dressed (very well), it's usually good from far, far from good :haha:. I sometimes buy them a drink for the heck of it, you'll get some insider tips.

11. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like Hawk's Gym. :ssst:

12. gotChopin

gotChopin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Honestly I find it very easy to strike up a conversation with just about anyone whether in Vegas where almost everyone is in the mindset of socializing or even at a school library , but within context , I don't just go up to a gal studying and start talking to her of course. It is all about timing and nautural things to talk about or express. And you don't slash have to have the mindset of trying to pick up or hook up. Just go , which for me is the majority of cases, to just enjoy meeting people even as an acquaintance. This is real easy to do , if you have the right perspective.

13. David Martin

David Martin Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you going out solo to pick up girls? If she's going to present you with an invoice afterwards, it maybe isn't meant to be...

14. ryan4451

ryan4451 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How about a young 47 year old guy. Going solo september 12-17, so basically all nights of the week. Where should I go? Wish they had a website where others from opposite sex was looking just to hang, platonic or what have it.

15. Knucklehead69

Knucklehead69 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being another young 47 year old.... I make about 6 trips to Vegas per year and about half of those solo... I'll usually have dinner at the bar of a nice place such as Todd English Pub, Carbone, Herringbone, ect... For me at least, I've met lots of cool people (M and F) just sitting at the bar and chatting... a few times we even went to some other bars as a group and had a great time.

On the other hand... I did happen to be at the MGM last year during a national hairdressers convention. Every bar in the place was about a 90/10 F/M ratio. It was like catching fish in a barrel!

Have fun on your trip! :woohoo:

16. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All my trips are solo. Also 47 (lot of 47 yo's in here!)

I find it a little easier to meet/greet in places that have live music rather than the usual bar with background music/DJ. I guess there's more of a communal involvement going on with a live band. Easier to start conversations.

In all honesty though, at least for me it all still comes down to being in the right place at the right time. I'm not a "pick up artist" and am too reserved to be the guy up on the bar taking my shirt off being the center of attention.

It seems to me the less I "try" to hookup (approaching every singe girl in the bar, making smarmy eye contact all over the place, etc) the better luck I have. I go to Vegas to enjoy...Vegas, and all that comes with it, if I meet someone it's like a bonus, I'm not really going out of my way to end up sharing a room w/someone.

17. Knucklehead69

Knucklehead69 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Totally agree.... I also go to Vegas to enjoy...Vegas. Just enjoy meeting and talking to people in general.
    All is good unless you end up on a Episode of "Vegas Strip" LOL!

18. VegasDaytripper

VegasDaytripper Re-Retired Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    okay, i need to look up when this convention is
    lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 1
Tags:
Thread Status: