1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Four Queens - A few questions

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by thatguy1976, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatguy1976

thatguy1976 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello all,
    Has anyone stayed at the Four Queens lately? I heard they are doing some renovations. Just wondering what it's been like to stay there lately. Also...I heard that if you decline daily housekeeping, they will give you a food credit per day. Is that still true?
    Has anyone had any experience with their WiFi and A/C issues? I appreciate any input.
    Thanks in advance!

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is what the renovated rooms look like and depending on the crowds, they try and charge a premium for them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the pictures Joe. Never stayed there but someday, maybe.

4. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's weird, the bathroom does not look like the other renovated bathroom pics we've seen with the new shower and sloped in-built sink. The pic still has the 1960s Motel 6 kleenex in the counter dispensers.

This one looks like they just did wallpaper and maybe replaced the toilet.

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You know that's what somebody else said when I posted them. New wallpaper. But it was on a comp and they said they charge a premium for this room otherwise?? When we checked in I asked if we could get one of the new rooms and they said yes. That's what we got. Well actually what my brother got. I booked it for him.

6. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't even think they replaced the toilet. It has that almond 80's color. Yes, I have seen other renovated room pics and the baths did not look like the one in this picture. I say this not even a renovated room, although they may have charged the poster as if it was!

To the OP, check 4Q reviews on tripadvisor. They are renting rooms right near current renovations, meaning people have to walk through construction areas to get to their rooms in some cases, and have to deal with the noise, in some cases beginning at 6am. I like the 4Q, but this is typical of their cheapness. A quality place would close the floor to guests, or at least block off rooms so guest don't have to deal with the construction.

Here is a review at Expedia from last week. There are many reviews like it around the travel sites.
    ""Too much construction
    Posted Aug 4, 2016
    Pros: Employees seemed nice, food was good, game play seemed fair.
    Cons: Security. When I asked if my floor was being patrolled due to the "openness" of all the rooms, I was told they don't do that.
    I was given an upgrade and that was great, but it was to a floor with construction. 98% of the rooms were empty, doors off hinges, rooms in construction mode. There was nothing to keep people from the floor and wondering around to see what was going on. It made the "run from the room at the END of the hallway to the elevator" a little spooky. I was told there was "just a little construction going on" and that was most certainly NOT the case.""

Last time I was there, a few months ago, there was a sign that they were offering food credit in return for skipping housekeeping.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  7. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The a/c at 4 Queen's has always been good. The same can not be said of internet. You have to pay for it and it's pretty spotty. I had trouble one night with the internet cutting in and out but was told it's just because of the location of the room I was in. You may get a good room for internet...or maybe not.

Here's some pics of the renovated 'premium' room we got in January - $30 surcharge on these.

026.JPG 027.JPG 028.JPG 029.JPG 030.JPG 031.JPG

Personally, I don't think the upgrade is worth it but hubs isn't as frugal as me so we went for it. Last visit in March, the bathroom counter was stained and the shower door kept sliding open while showering. There was a bulb out in the lamp and the bedside clock didn't work. If those things are important, check them out as soon as you check in to make sure every thing is in working order (check to make sure the remote works too). Most of the rooms are fine but it's the little things that sometimes count.

V (20).JPG

8. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, what's with the crime scene counter-top??

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha, that's such a good description Flusher!

I think 4Q's does everything as cheaply as possible. Those counters are less than a year old and won't last much longer. Even the sink in January was showing marks and stains and they had only been renting them out for about 3 months by then.

I'd gladly take one of the rooms like Joe got for his brother. Those rooms at least look freshened up and the bathroom counter is practical. I don't really want reminders of the previous guest every time I walk into the bathroom.

10. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, that really is amazing. They haven't even finished redoing half the rooms in the one tower and already their cheap choices in materials is showing how easily they are damaged. By the time they are done with the renovation the first rooms completed will be in need of refurbishing again. Can you imagine what these counter-tops will look like in 10 years? The old ones are well over 10 years old and are horrible, but don't look as bad as that picture.

11. TJC

TJC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When did Big Lots start selling building materials? On that counter, there used to be a flashlight with a keyring on it, a bottle of visine, a miniature 7 iron, a pair of dial calipers, a marital aid, and a bodily discharge.

12. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It just seams they're doing a patch job instead of doing it right. It'll cost them a lot more in people not going because it looks like a cheep Motel 6 on the bad side of town.

13. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They give a $10 food comp, non accumulative. So you get it the next day and use it or lose it. Then you get another one for a 2 night stay. Same rules.

14. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same experience as previous OP's stained counter and shower door sliding open?!

15. siwst852

siwst852 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in the new rooms and I new it wouldn't fly. The concrete sink looked dirty and it was brand new. The open faucet is hard to keep clean. They charge 40 for them I don't think people will pay once they find out how awful they are.

I think the first photo showed a deluxe room that they charge 10 more. That is worth it. They have 2 queen beds instead of full and it is on the quieter side by the lobby. I also make use of the 10 credit for no maid service. The nice thing is you can use a BOGO coupon and charge it to the room so you get double the value. YOu can go to the front desk for towels, coffee etc.

16. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $10 does not apply to first and last night. Need minimum of 3 days to get $10 credit. Stay 4 days and get 2 -$10 credits

17. jh46

jh46 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those curtains remind me of clown pants.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those rooms really look dumpy compared to Downtown Grand. I'd gladly pay more to stay there.

19. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those are the old drapes. Looks like they decided there was no reason to replace them as part of the renovation, despite how bad they look. Pure Four Queens.

20. dede021

dede021 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed in the renovated rooms, love the new showers. I paid extra for the South tower, but was able to transfer to the renovated room since there was one available at no extra charge. I was not a happy camper the 1st night since we were in a room in the South tower toward the front facing North so heard the music from Fremont st. The other times I stayed there had a room in the South tower facing south so it was nice and quiet.
    We always take them up on the no maid service and get the food credit, takes care of most the cost of breakfast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.