1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Actual estimated Uber prices from Airport to Aria...what has it cost you?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Multifarious5, Aug 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all! I hate using taxis due to the ticker, and I fell in love with Bell VIP shuttle (limo share) for $28 approximately round trip, plus tip.

BUT, while I love Bell, if Uber is truly way cheaper, I'd try it. The "surge pricing" is new for me though. What have your actual uber/lyft bills been to Aria/Cosmo from the airport, before tip? And how much of a danger is "surge pricing?"

I'd just hate to try Uber/Lyft to be cheaper, and find it didn't save me that much, as I really like the comfort/flat rate of Bell VIP Shuttle/limo share...but if Uber/Lyft is drastically less, I'd absolutely give it a spin.

2. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Airport to Ballys is usually $11 at most for me. Doubtful there will be surge pricing at the time you arrive. When there is surge pricing in Cleveland, I close and reopen the app ever couple minutes. In all my trips, have yet to pay for a surge. Think about how nice it'll be to pay less as well as spending less time in a moving vehicle..,

3. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actual price is $12-$13.
    Price surge depends on time of the day and the location.
    Airport, the Strip and Downtown are the three places most likely see price surge.
    So it basically depends on the time.
    It could be 80% more, or 50% more etc.. I paid 50% surge once.
    If Limo share works for you, I would say about the same.

4. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took a Lyft from the airport to the Aria on Thursday:

Ride (3.56mi, 18m 58s) $7.07
    Trust & Service Fee $1.70
    LAS Airport - Airport Fee $2.45
    -----------------------------------------
    Total: $11.22

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh wow JeJas, thanks a million. Even leaving some play in the numbers for some variation due to traffic, etc., this is definitely enough of a difference to make it worth trying.... I'm sold and will give it a try. Thank you for the great breakdown! :)

6. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not to mention your first few rides should be free with signup bonuses and promo codes..

7. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks h0und! We noticed our Chas card is giving a $30 promo, so I appreciate the reminder. We are DEFINITELY trying it this trip :D

8. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup and my capital one venture card did a similar thing i believe (but I missed that) Also look for promo codes online and DURING your signup process on your phone enter in the code and that should que you up a free ride that wont even charge your card, so then you can use your chase promo on your 2nd and 3rd rides.

9. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is a GREAT idea h0und, I'll absolutely do that...didn't think of that, and then we'll get promos both ways. Thank you!

10. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have used Uber on my last two trips to Vegas.

In April:
    Aria to McCarran = $11.67

In June:
    McCarran to Aria = $11.12
    Aria to Delano = $6.40
    Aria to McCarran = $12.92 with 1.3x surge pricing

11. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Spicole, between tou, hound and JeJas, I'm sold. Bell shuttle share is fun, but saving $20 or so each way has me sold. Thanks for the surge example too, that's what I was a little worried about. A slight hike, no problem, I just didn't want it to double

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  12. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Traffic waiting times cost next to nothing in a Lyft. Something like 10 cents a minute...

13. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love Uber and use it a lot during Vegas trips. If there is ever surge pricing in effect the app will warn you about it, provide the rates and ask if you accept it. Unfortunately in the city I live in we get surge pricing a lot during morning and evening rush hours which last a couple hours.

Also I have only been long hauled once by a Uber driver who was a former taxi driver. After I got out of his car, I gave him 3 stars instead of 5 and the app gives you a choice or reasons. I selected route and Uber automatically compared the car's GPS with the best route and took note of the extra milage and then issued me a credit in the amount of what the ride should have been.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last weekend I wanted to take a Lyft from Mirage to Aria and I noticed Lyft was doing their surge pricing (they don't call it "surge pricing" - I forget what Lyft calls it). So I looked at Uber and they weren't doing surge pricing, so Uber won.

Moral of the story: make sure to check out both apps. They may not both be doing surge pricing at the same time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.