1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Paying for upgrade with comped offer

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Marilynfan, Jul 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wanted to vent. I have a 2 night offer from Aria in the standard room. I know sometimes you get an email with an offer to upgrade to a suite. I haven't been lucky enough to get one of these. So on my past 2 trips I was able to upgrade (once to corner suite strip view and once to crystal suite) and pay that fee when I arrived.

That is all fine and dandy except the room comes with airport limo transfer that I never get to use since I stay at Cosmo after checking out of Aria. I want to take advantage of the limo PICKUP at the airport but you can't do that if you upgrade at check in. Grrrr. Of course I tried to book the upgrade in advance but that is a no go - would have to pay full price for the room. Wish they were like Cosmo who have no problem letting you pay for an upgrade when you book your basic offer.

2. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you should switch to cosmo! or speak with a host at Aria, they can get a lot more done than the computers can..

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Look at it this way. You are saving money since the cost of the cab is less than the tip for the limo.
    Or even better is you use Uber.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Top Dog

Top Dog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The upgrade emails I get are usually for the standard corner suite which doesn't include transportation anyway.

When you say you tried to book the upgrade in advance, do you mean an upgrade to your comped room or just picking the different room from the start? If it is the latter, try getting an upgrade price from the concierge. I have gotten quotes from them in the past, though I didn't end up booking anything.

5. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha! Yes that is a good way to look at it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Upgrade to comped room. Was dealing with the host coordinator who has helped me out with other requests in the past. No go was told I'd have to see when I checked in.

7. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Again--you are getting the upgrade at a discount. If you want the limo, guess you gotta pay the price.

8. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

Just book the limo through the concierge and when you upgrade at check in they can remove the charge from your folio.

9. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah, didn't think about that. Thanks!

10. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I gotta agree with KKB, if you get the upgrade at a discount at check in, I wouldn't count on getting the limo charge removed if you go ahead and book it through the concierge. Or at least ask the concierge if they ever commit to doing that upfront. The other problem you have is, what if there's no upgrades available except to something that's too expensive?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.