1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria Corner Suite

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Deppyon240, Jun 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deppyon240

Deppyon240 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got an offer from Aria to upgrade my room to the "Corner Suite" and I was hoping some of you may be able to answer some of my questions. :D

1) Do these room have access to the new lobby area with the separate elevators?
    2) Are all of the rooms on the North side of the building (facing Cosmo) or are there some on the South side?
    3) How do you get to the pool? Do you have to go to a different elevator to go down?

Sorry for my ignorance but I've never stayed in one of the suites before.

Thank you for your help! :usa:

2. tizzy

tizzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back this week and I did the corner suite upgrade. First off, we used the same elevators as everyone else right by the pastry place. We did get to use private check which is awesome because no line to check in and you can go in and get snacks and coffee and drinks for free all day. Our room was on the 10th floor directly facing the Vdara and Cosmo pools, it was pretty sweet, lots of street noise though being on that low of a floor. They have corner suites facing all directions because I asked for a strip view but got denied. When we went to the pool we just got off on the promenade level and followed the signs. No special elevators or anything.

3. JustNgo

JustNgo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since the "tower suites" are a new sub-category created of the basic room offerings, the elevators and all will be the same as the normal rooms. The Sky Suites are the only ones that get their own bank of elevators, as they were originally designed that way when the hotel was opened.

4. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are corner suites facing in many directions due to the design of Aria.
    The ones facing Cosmo are least desirable as there is not much of a view.
    I have stayed in them facing Monte Carlo/MGM..
    Request a south end one and tell them the noise from Marquee kept you awake last stay.
    Good luck.

5. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've stayed in a Corner Suite twice now. The best part for me was there was an ice maker in the refrigerator. Both times we have stayed though both rooms were different although they had all the same features in them. The last one actually had a view in 3 directions. Living room was out the Vdara way, the big bathroom was out the Cosmo way and the bedroom faced Planet Ho. I am hooked on those corner suites. Housekeeping comes by twice a day also. Love picking up drinks in the Tower Lounge.

Sema Show
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For us, the floor to ceiling view from the bedroom was really cool - the Cosmo and Vdara pools during the day and nighttime silhouettes of all the hotels. Really liked the corner suite!

Curious if the Aria corner suite always includes a limo to/from airport as well? Our suite was comp'd (first stay at Aria) and got an email from Concierge offering us a limo even though initial offer didn't specify limo like other mlife properties we stay at. Mlife platinum status if that matters.

7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately, I've seen differing accounts of whether you get the Tower Suites perks when you accept an upgrade in advance.

In addition, there's 3 types of Corner Suites, Panoramic, City View and mountain view (those are just called "Corner Suites") and some or all of the perks don't apply to the mountain view rooms.

You would think that if the upgrade specified City View or Panaoramic, you'd be entitled to the perks, but that may not be the case, because they are probably discounting the rate. And if the offer doesn't specify one of those room types, then it's probably a mountain view and you probably don't get the perks.

So I'd call in this case.

8. llboopgirl

llboopgirl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if i may ask, what was the cost to upgrade? and how far before your trip do you get the offer? i am going in August

9. tizzy

tizzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got mine about 2 months or less before I went and it was $75 a night, well worth it for 4 already comped nights in a regular room.

• Like Like x 1
  10. llboopgirl

llboopgirl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hoping for the same offer! i assume you can pay the $75 per night with express comps?
    or might they remove in full after play evaluation?

11. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both. You can apply Express Comps against your hotel bill. Back end comps mostly don't target specific charges, it's more like you earned $x amount in comps and then they apply it against charges to add up to the total.

12. CrashVegas

CrashVegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back from 4 nights at Aria. We had an offer for 3 nights comped and the fourth at $111. I always upgrade at the desk when I check in, and this time got a corner suite city view for $50/night . Last year we had the tower suite for $50 /night as well.
    Nice perk in getting to use the tower suite lounge for drinks and snacks. Also checked out from there which helps you skip the cattle lines at main desk. Also was told we were eligible for the limo to take us back to airport, just needed to let them know the day before we left.
    Really the only issue with the corner suites is the mile long walk from the elevators to the room, other than that well worth the upgrade fee.
    Back end comps took care of the fourth night and food.

13. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FYI we had a city view Corner Suite comped last time, but no limo service. (I'm not as cool as Geogran!) If you pay for city view, transportation might be comped, I'd ask. They're great rooms, and I loved the Tower Suites lounge.

Personally I've found Aria to be the best to us on the strip, out of all Mlife hotels, I hope you have a blast!

P.S. you will get turndown service without DND on the door. We came in one night, soft music was playing, the lights where on, pillows were at the foot of the bed. It was a little unsettling. We thought maybe someone made a mistake and came into our room, and I was really hoping someone didn't pop out of the bathroom au natural!

But, we realized nothing was missing, so relaxed. We then found the chocolates housekeeping had left, and had a good laugh. Talk about being a suite-newbie! Once we knew it was turndown service it all made sense, but for a minute, it was a little disconcerting. We were just glad we keep a pretty tidy room, as I would have felt really badly if they had to clean it twice, as I only leave tip in the mornings! :D

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  14. RynoBU

RynoBU Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Multi,
    Aria seems pretty tight for us. What do you play at Aria? Do you have a host? Thanks for the info. Congrats on the suite!

15. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Apologize for hijacking but I had to comment.
    Actually laughing out loud at your account of walking into the room not realizing there was turndown and thinking someone might be in the bathroom.
    Glad you had a good laugh!!!
    Aria does a great job at turndown and almost too good.
    They used to replace every bottle of body wash,shampoo,bars of soap even if they were used once.Whhen I was there in May they just left extra items.
    It is a nice touch.
    Last couple trips I tried to remember to leave an extra tip for the turndown people although not as much as the daytime housekeeping.

16. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Nittany! Yeah, it wasn't my coolest moment, but it DID make for a good laugh! ;)

It definitely was a neat experience, and I had always been curious about what goes on with turndown---it WAS relaxing coming in with nice music and mood lighting!

17. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HI Ryno! I never figured I'd get rooms at Aria as I am not a crazy spender, but they're surprisingly generous, or at least have been with me. As for your questions:

1) I play slots. To get our first room offer, I think I played a few hundred in a day (though it lasted awhile), and they sent a solid offer after that. I've been going ever since. It still surprises me.

2) No host at Aria, promos only. I was always hesitant on a host, as I play just enough to get good comps, but always felt like I DON'T play enough to be worth a host's time. This last trip I had two hosts (not at Aria), and I did as well with my promo offers since I never have special requests.

Secondly, I flat told one host I was a moderate player, not huge. Despite hitting my play levels that consistently score solid comps elsewhere, (and my warning), I could tell the host was not impressed with my play level. It's probably the only part of the trip that was a little uncomfortable, as I really don't like wasting someone's time.

BUT, I still received great corporate comps when I came back, but it definitely backed my instinct that my play level is very solid for promotions, but not meaty enough to really be host-worthy. So for me, going off promos works best, as long as they stay solid. :D

But back to Aria, don't write them off. I actually consistently get better comps at Aria than MC, it is the WEIRDEST thing.

On suites, that was just the time of year--the winter offer, I always do better on those, though a suite I wasn't expecting. I normally just get a standard room for 3 nights plus FP/RC, the suite might have been because it hit RIGHT after the Tower Suites Lounge opened, so maybe they were more liberal with whom they gave suites too. I certainly wasn't complaining! :blowkiss:I am waiting to see what I get in November. Hope this helps!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. RynoBU

RynoBU Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the reply Multi! Glad Aria treats you well! We don't get much from Aria but love playing there...maybe things will change for us, too. Maybe they know we'll play there anyway regardless of the comps.

19. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My pleasure Ryno. And we know it could change at any moment, so we're just enjoying there generosity while we can :D

20. tizzy

tizzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love Aria, don't play there hardly enough to get the comps I get and I don't have a host either. The last three years I've stayed there twice a year for free and get the corner suite upgrade every time. I mainly play slots as well as the table limits are a little steep at night time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.