1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmopolitan Terrace or Wraparound

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by donovanrs28, Apr 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donovanrs28

donovanrs28 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello VMB

I've been given a comp that can either be in a Terrace Suite or Wraparound Suite for 3 nights. I'm taking my parents and sister, will be getting a rollaway and myself on the couch. I would like to have a fountain view, but in terms of four people, which room would be better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Terrace Suite is 910sqft on the inside, but may be easier to get a fountain view.

Wraparound is 1200sqft on the inside, but the 480sqft terrace is the big selling point. It's really nice to be able to get 2 different views from your room. Probably easier to squeeze 4 people into it though.

3. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All terrace suites have fountain views and are located in the west tower. Wraparound is a little bigger but i would only get if i get a fountain view. Both suites also have a bedroom and bathroom separate from the other living area so its nice that your folks can get some personal space if they want to (all they have to do is to close the bedroom door). Then since you don't mind sleeping on the couch and will put your sister in a rollaway you guys can use the other bathroom that are right by the entrance.

4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To sleep 4, I'd probably go with the Wraparound. The couch in a Terrace Suite is curved, not sure how great it would be to try to sleep on. Plus the rollaway will take up a good chunk of the rest of the living room space. In a Wraparound the sofa is L shaped and there's more living room area to work with.

5. donovanrs28

donovanrs28 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you're right regarding it being easier for 4, 300 extra sq ft does help a bit. Thank you.

I'm working with my host to see if they can guarantee fountain on the wraparound, hopefully they can. Appreciate the input.

Oh boy, a curved couch would be terrible for me. That alone makes me want the wraparound!

6. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took that couch out on the terrace and slept outside lol.. it wasn't too bad actually but i am a heavy sleeper

7. donovanrs28

donovanrs28 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My host set me up in the Wraparound Suite , with request for North View – High Floor. I'm hoping I'll get that at checkin. We're going Sun-Wed for a change, usually like weekends to avoid using PTO. How I can't wait for my 11 day vacation 6/25-7/5 [emoji857][emoji857]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. JR Swift

JR Swift VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I honestly think the "fountain view" thing is a bit overrated. Unless you can see and hear it, it is kind of a "one-hit wonder" and, once you get that off your bucket list, it's done. If I wanted a once-in-a-lifetime sort of fountain experience, I would just book it at the Bellagio. FWIW, I stayed at the Wraparound Suite and didn't end up with the fountain view but the overall view was spectacular anyway, the room was absolutely amazing and the terrace is life changing. And, yes, if the weather was nice, you could sleep out there on one of the lounge chairs they have. That's the way I would go.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. donovanrs28

donovanrs28 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. If it wasn't the fact I'm bringing the parents, I could care a less about the fountain view personally.

10. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good thing you are staying in a room with a fountain view so you can make up your own opinion. I had a friend who said the same thing on a trip and booked a non fountain view for him and his girlfriend, once he saw the view from our room he was in awe. Normally he doesn't like spending money on extras such as views and stuff but he even insisted on the fountain view for an all boys trip on the next trip. Fountain view and a terrace is really the number one reason to stay at Cosmo imo.

• Like Like x 1
  11. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that fountain view is the BEST!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. donovanrs28

donovanrs28 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I asked my host what the average cost is to upgrade from standard wraparound to fountain wraparound, she sent back this:

Kinda just depends on the night and vacancy. I would say $50-- $500 range.

**Edit**
    Was told I was in standard wraparound, but just found out I was booked in the Premium View one! I'm set!

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  13. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto - Fountain view all the way! It's not just the fountain. It's the sum total of the terrace, the fountain and the other magnificent views beyond the fountains that make Cosmo really special. Glad you got the Premium View - hope you and family have your best trip ever!

• Like Like x 1
  14. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If might be worth asking what they would charge you for another room to avoid the roll away and couch crap. They might give you a super deal and folks can still come hang in our room, but you no longer have to trip over the rollaway when you come in at 3am, or someone gets up at 7am for coffee.

• Like Like x 1
  15. donovanrs28

donovanrs28 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought about that at first, but I also booked Luxor on a comp. My sister invited her friend up for two night, so they'd stay there and do their own thing. So it works out to only one night with rollaway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.