1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Boyd's meal coupons

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by surf87, May 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surf87

surf87 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first post here. Pictured are meal coupons that Boyd's provides to its guests from Hawaii. Very god coupons IMHO.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    surf, Welcome to VMB! Thanks for posting the pics. Where are you staying?

3. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love that they include 'jelly'.

No jam for you!? :)

The food deals at Boyd are great.

4. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm curious, why don't they include 777 Brew Pub?

5. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe they do. The menu has certain meals flagged using the coupon book.
    I'll confirm this w/e.

6. abraxis

abraxis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    777 (and other boyd owned and operated restaurants) has items on their menu with a little flower icon next to them. These menu items with a flower icon are free using the appropriate coupon.

7. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like that they still use the date hole punch machine to stamp the books with the expiration date on them. How many businesses in the country still use those?

8. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those Aloha food coupons are great. However I like to eat at other different places so I don't use them all. But they're a great deal.

You HAVE to use the Miso Butterfish coupon. Delicious!

9. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes, you can use the coupons at 777 and other designated boyd restaurants. Unfortunately if you use it for ala carte items you only get a certain dollar amount for the coupon. $1.85 for a breakfast coupon, $2.50 for a lunch coupon and $2.75 for a dinner coupon.

Also unfortunate that you have to shell out between $3 to $5 extra if you want to go to one of their breakfast, lunch or dinner buffets. More if you want to go to the seafood buffet.

As someone else mentioned, on the menu of those restaurants there is a flower that designates which meals will be "free" when you use those coupons. The other meals are all considered "ala carte".

There is also a "specialty" coupon, good for a discount for a specialty meal in the end of the booklet. This is good for the seafood buffets but you still have to shell out another $7 or so.

Note the punched holes, they designate the expiration date of the coupons.

You can also use the coupons at the 2nd floor promenade ice cream parlour to buy snacks. Many people don't eat 3 meals a day or go elsewhere so they use the extra coupons to buy caramel popcorn, candies or other things.

Too bad, I don't think you can use the coupons at non boyd restaurants in those hotels (like Redwood Grille, tony roma's, etc.).

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  10. surf87

surf87 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ty, I stayed at the Cal last week with someone who is from Hawaii (I used to live in Hawaii but Los Angeles now). The Triple 7 (I believe) is a concession-owned and not Boyd-owned however, the coupons still could be used at Triple 7 but would only be worth $2.50 for lunch or $2.75 for dinner. To get the maximum value of the coupon it would be best to use the coupon at a Boyd-owned restaurant. Aloha Specialties upstairs at the Cal is another concession-owned restaurant and not Boyd-owned (I believe). On the other hand the Lanai Express Chinese food place in the Fremont must be Boyd-owned because the coupon covers the entire 2 choice meal (ie, beef broccoli and orange chicken) which includes rice or chow mein noodles and a soda/coffee/tea.

Boyd provides these meal coupons for the entire length of stay. For instance, on a 4 night stay you would get;
    4 breakfasts
    4 lunches
    3 dinners and 1 specialty (good for prime rib, miso butterfish, or seafood buffet at MSS or Fremont)

11. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Totally false. 777 is a Boyd owned and managed operation.

12. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And the 777 has menu items with the flower so those will be free with coupon (or discounted). I confirmed that in March when I stayed at MSS.

13. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    actually do you get 2 meal books (for 2 people) 24 meals, or just one book for 2 people - 4 days (provided 2 in room). My offer has food book 24 meals.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  14. VPDana

VPDana High-Roller

I live in the Midwest, St. Louis, MO to be exact.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were given this coupon book for the first time with our stay at The Cal last month. Don't really know why we got it, but we made good use of it. We eat most of our meals at the places it covers anyway (777 & Market Street Cafe). We also used it at the Fremont's Paradise Cafe. If we weren't in the mood for something on the coupon, we got whatever else we wanted. It turned out to be a great deal for us. We had unused coupons but didn't bother to use them for snacks at Lappert's. I did notice that Lappert's usually had a line out the door, probably those using the coupons for snacks. I wanted to buy a Chai Tea Latte but didn't want to wait in line.

15. Electroguy563

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, that's because the Cal decided to close down the Cal Club over by the craps tables. You could redeem your un-used coupons there for snacks but since it's closed they now have those items over at Lappert's.

It's too bad you couldn't get your Latte, which is what Lappert's sells as a regular item and I don't blame you for not wanting to stand in line. I would think the Lappert's people would rather sell their stuff instead of having to deal with the snack hassles.

I'm still upset at the Cal for closing the Cal Club. I'm trying to deal with it but I still get mad when the topic comes up.

16. northerngirl

northerngirl High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Clarification Boyd lovers.....sadly, I am not from Hawaii. However, my August offer is four nights and 24 meals at the CAL. This is a first for me with the free meals. The coupons you are talking about......would these be the same ones the Hawaiian visitors receive?

Ditto on the closure of the Cal Club. My son loved the Bento boxes and it was always a great place for a quick bite.

17. WDMJB

WDMJB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always get 1 coupon book per person, so 15 meals for a 5 day trip I think. We've never used all the coupons either as the buffets start to all taste the same after 3 days.

18. Electroguy563

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. Those food coupon books are the same as those given to Hawaii visitors on those Vacation Hawaii gambling junkets. Enjoy, have fun, Good Luck, and don't forget to redeem any un-used coupons for snacks to take home or to eat on the plane.

19. northerngirl

northerngirl High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so much for the clarification and tip on using unused coupons for snacks. Should be another great trip.....nine nights at the CAL.....looking forward to seeing the changes in person.

20. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am also upset that they closed the Cal Club. I always ate there, faster service, lower price (although some smaller plates but I liked that so I don't overeat), no long waits in line like at the market st. café.

Dana, next time you should grumble to the staff that it is hard to get your latte or chai (or ice cream) because the lines are so long with people trying to redeem their meal coupons.

I hope that one day Boyd will explain why they got rid of the Cal club, whether they raised rents so the people running it decided to close, whether the lease expired and boyd didn't want to renew, or whatever. That place was very popular, so much more than the noodle house, I can see the noodle house closing to reopen the Cal Club like before. What a dumb move.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.