1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

pphold sneaks into Vegas 4/30 to 5/2

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by pphold, May 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I missed out going the weekend before and with Billy Joel playing at T-Mobil arena. I figure I would come in. I had a ticket lined up and Wynn offered me some tickets, another member had some extra tickets and a friend had an extra so I figure why not. BS, VegasBJ and Shifter was there. Add in Way2fast and others, I figured it would be a good time.

I get to the airport and my flight is delayed. This caused a big setback. Wynn host text about Limo pick up. I’m booked at the Trop since I figure it is easier to get the T-Mobile Arena from Tropicana then the Wynn. I was offer some FP and dinning credits. I also called my MLIFE host and she said there is NO Way I’m going to book you at ARIA. I book you anyplace else. I said Mansion and she said fine, but you better play to that theo or I’m going to hit your credit card. She said just stay at Bellagio or MGM or Mandalay Bay. I passed and said forget it. I already have WYNN and TROP booked I don’t need a third room.
    I land and have arranged a drive to take me to the Trop first and then Wynn, but with the delay I figure I would check in at the Trop first.

The wheels fall off on the concert tickets. First I’m told my friend did not get the tickets from Aria. ( Aria hates me) Then my Wynn host said I need to go check in and get tickets from will call. I told her don’t worry about it I don’t need the tickets since my friend had some floor seats in section E row C.
    I get checked in and pick up my freeplay and play it out. My Tropicana host text me and said are you going to stay in the room or just take the free play and go to the Steak house get a bunch of Wine and leave? LOL Dam I’ve been caught. I told my host I would stay and play at the Trop, since he got me a nice suite. So I cancelled the Wynn parlor suite.

I hit the craps table and blackjack table to turn the FP to cash. Did ok and cashed out and headed to NYNY to play WD. It sucked in some cash so then off to meet my friend to get my ticket to Billy Joel. I called and text my friend and get no response? WTF is going on. I wait and then later I get a call back that while waiting for me some undercover security said he was trying to scalp is extra ticket so they ask him to leave took pictures of the tickets and said he was trespassing and to leave. If he was to come back he would be arrested. He said he was waiting for me and a older couple asked if he had tickets. After talking to them security came up and said he was selling tickets and the couple was undercover security.

Figure I was not intended to go so I left and went to Cosmopolitan to play some Baccarat and then to Caesar’s. The place was packed so could not get a good spot at the HL blackjack, so I walked to the floor and there was a guy betting Chocolates at one table just crushing it. He almost cleared them out when it turned and he gave back three of them and called it quit. I think he won 80k to 100k before his steak ended. Since $5k was table max, he was just flat betting.
    I then headed back to MGM and saw BS and VegasBJ playing some Blackjack at the Mansion. BS was getting good cards but dealer was getting better.
    Shifter comes up and we talk for a little before we call it a night. I headed back to my room at the Trop and the others called it a trip since they was all leaving in a few hours.

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you finish in the black?

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  3. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd be really bummed missing Billy Joel - what are the odds that all 4 opportunities would fall through? Sorry it didn't happen for you.
    Hope you won at Baccarat - we were staying at Cosmo same dates you were in Vegas - never saw any neon green bands - maybe next time.

4. theotherone

theotherone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Crazy stuff, I hope it was a good trip in the end.

Sounds like they really really don't like scalpers. I never imagined these places would care as long as the tickets are sold

5. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess he sneaked OUT of Las Vegas as well.

6. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry about the tix results but your report PP cracked me up. We have MISSED you! Hope you are otherwise well.

7. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:

Crazy trip but I ended up in the Black so really good. Started winning and just keep winning till the last night and lost a little back so shut it down.

I like this type of trip more.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jackpot Johnny

Jackpot Johnny Wynn Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry you missed out on Billy! I'm a fan of his but have never seen him in concert. Many thanks for the trip report. I am completely devoted to vicarious High Roller living through VMB Trip Reports.

Your reference to chocolate chips made me think of a friend of mine who bets very high limits (at least to me he does-I've learned that 'very high limits' is a highly elastic term depending on who you're talking to). He's a devoted Bellagio villa guy but seems to wander around to play. He'd been over to Cosmo to see some friends and wound up on a heater over there. He came back up to Wynn and decided to play Baccarat. I think they let him play or bet about whatever he wants, and I know he at least sometimes gets actual money back if he loses a lot-wish I did. Apparently he got distracted and pushed out five chocolates, thinking he was betting $25K. I have no idea how much he'd cashed or won to have that many of that color. No one told him he could not make that bet. Well, I did not know, but the high limit guys do know, that chocolates at Cosmo are $5K, but at Wynn they're $25K (whites are $5K-I do know that because I've held exactly one of those in my long life). He had bet $125K, which even my high rolling pal would not ever do unless he'd been playing for days and was really, really far into the house. Well, I wonder if he'd do it even then. (My equivalent would be betting $500 a hand-yikes-I've once or twice gotten up to $250 running my progression, but never $500-I am certainly no stranger to just red and green chips) Wait for it................he won the hand, but then realized what had happened and he said he had a good story to tell. Vicariously, I wish I had that kind of "good story to tell." This late in life, only Power Ball will let me go that far.....sigh.

I had thought that chips were pretty much uniform predominant colors everywhere on the Strip, but I'm a red, green, black, (and occasionally get back, but never bet, a yellow) guy. Turns out the bigger numbers are not uniform colors as I found out.

Off topic-As an aside, Park Place makes me smile-car dealer where we get all of our cars, but you know that if you're from Dallas. I like German cars, American airplanes and Texas beer (Shiner Bock, but Newcastle Brown is a good substitute if you're on the Strip)-Park Place is always good, here or in Monopoly.

You rock!

9. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $125k a hand is on Nate's level! Crazy

10. Jackpot Johnny

Jackpot Johnny Wynn Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're alike-the story made me think of Nate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.