1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What's going on May 22nd?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by bassman69, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassman69

bassman69 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking at an arrival date of May 22 and noticed the MGM is sold out, anyone know whats happening that night?

2. rcc4au

rcc4au Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I read somewhere there is a huge awards show at MGM that weekend, but I'd assume people would be leaving town by then, as the awards show is Saturday, May 21.

However, on the opposite end of the strip at V/P, Citrix Synergy starts and runs through the week, with the bulk of the conference going on Tuesday to Thursday.

Looking at the convention calendar, there's another convention (RECon 2016) going on, but it's only 36,000 people and at the Westgate.

We will be there for the Citrix conference, and noticed high rates and many sold out rooms starting Sunday, May 22. Luckily, I had 2 comp nights from NYNY, so I'm using those to add to the beginning of the trip.

3. rcc4au

rcc4au Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually I found specifics, and I was off by a day. The Billboard Music Awards are Sunday, May 22 at MGM, so that's why it's booked!

4. bassman69

bassman69 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Billboard Awards, that will do it, I also found out Santana is performing at the House of Blues that night, which i wanted to see. I may to adjust and fly out on Monday, or take a NY-NY comp which i also have

5. rcc4au

rcc4au Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't know Santana was there. I'd like to see him too! I'm using my NYNY comp then!

6. bassman69

bassman69 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah he is there Sunday the 22nd and another show on Wednesday the 23rd, i have booked my trip and i am arriving on Monday, i think im going to the Wednesday show.

7. Chloe

Chloe Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a club festival called exodus going on and they have some events at mgm pool and hakkasan.
    For that night my room is double the price at the Bellagio.

8. rcc4au

rcc4au Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How many people does that bring in? I can't imagine it's as many as the Billboard awards, but it definitely adds to that #. I'm sure the Citrix conference, while at the other end of the strip, adds to the number of people in town that week, too.

9. Chloe

Chloe Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes it all adds up! I'm not sure how many people attend. It's spread out over different hotels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.