1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Boyd coin in?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Pizzaman, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pizzaman

Pizzaman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How much up front money would be required for $5000 coin in at Boyd's downtown playing DB vp at near perfect strategy? Also about how many hours this would take? Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

2. aaisack

aaisack VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No "guarantee" until that number gets close to 1k if you're playing quarters. Higher if you're playing 50 cent or dollars. I've had runs with 80-85% payback over 5k worth of coin in playing full pay DB. That's pretty unusual though. Normally you will be fine with $500 or less. Wizard of Odds has a risk of ruin calculator if you want to get really technical.

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That data is with infinite play though. You really need to run a simulation for more accurate results. But your numbers sound about right, imo.

As for the time it would take, depends on how fast you play. Could take anywhere from 5 to 10 hours.

4. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm assuming you're talking about quarters, as I don't think it's available for dollars.
    $500 cash would probably do it, if you have "average" luck.
    If you played at "average" pace, I'd say you could do it within 4-5 hours.
    Curious though..why only $5000 coin-in? Considering those machines earn points at 1/3 the rate of normal...I'd recommend $20,000 coin-in to really make any kind of comp showing.

5. aaisack

aaisack VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They earn tier points at normal rate. Just your comp dollars take a hit. You will still get room offers playing that bank.

6. Pizzaman

Pizzaman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Yes I am talking about quarters. I'm giving myself about $500 a day to play vp. Tim I don't know if I can do the $20000 coin in. I will do coin in whatever my bankroll can handle. Thanks again.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  7. flysrb

flysrb Hey Now!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Now!
    I would probavly stick to a lower variance game such as BP or JoB with a limited BR.
    Unlike me who loves DBDW....

8. Pizzaman

Pizzaman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not really a money thing as compared to time thing. I just thought I would allocate about $1500 of my bank roll for video poker. We will only be in town for three and half days and already have plans to go to the strip with friends and watch my fathers horse run on Saturday. Do you think BP would be better? I really like playing BBP thought. Thanks

9. aaisack

aaisack VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would either play the 9/6 JOB (which they have at the bar and on the floor) or the 10/7 DB. There's no good reason to play 8/5 Bonus when 9/6 JOB and 10/7 DB are available. I get 3 nights comped playing the 10/7 with a little bit of bar top and the progressives, when they get at or near break even, mixed in. 5k coin in a day is about average for me at MSS.

10. Pizzaman

Pizzaman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe or Flusher? Any advice?

11. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, do as I say, not as I do. If you enjoy playing at the bar, I would do JOB and don't forget to get scratch cards for 4OAK.

I play DDB because JOB has become boring to me. At MSS DDB pays 9/5. Across the bridge at Cal it pays 9/6 on their dollar games. I'm not sure of quarter paytables.

We have been spending more time playing at Cal and because it is so easy to walk across the bridge and get to MSS, we are staying at Cal in 2 weeks, just for something different.

12. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you have most of the info now. You could try the Jacks at the bar and as long as you are up try 50 cents if you want a bit more excitement with low volatility. Quarter jacks can be pretty boring.

Don't forget to get scratch cards when you hit a straight flush too. Or a Royal for that matter.

13. Pizzaman

Pizzaman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys for all of the advice. I will let you know how things worked out when I get back. Boars head here I come.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.