1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How does groupon work?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by npom, Mar 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never bought a groupon before and was wondering how it worked. Am I buying a coupon? Do they email you a certificate after purchase?

2. kathynew

kathynew Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love Groupon!

You sign up for a free account. I also have the app on my phone. When you purchase a Groupon it goes into your "My Groupon" area of the app or website. You can either print out the Groupon or simply pull it up on your phone and they scan it when you redeem it. I was kind of nervous the first time I used one, but now I use them all the time.
    Very easy and a nice way to save money on many different things.
    Always make sure to check the expiration date and terms when purchasing. They have them posted very clearly. Even if you don't use before they expire, the amount you paid will still be good at the location of the purchased Groupon.
    I hope that helps.
    Kathy

3. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the speedy reply! That answers my question. I was interested in the groupon for the Rio zipline and today I got a $10 off coupon in my email so that made it an even better deal. I guess I will go buy it. Thanks again!

4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was nervous the first time I used one too. I felt like I had to apologize for doing it. ;) I even had it printed out AND on the phone app, just in case. But it couldn't have been easier.

I use them all the time at home for little things for my husband and I to do. We love the 2-for-1 for the Seattle Aquarium and have used that one a few times. I've also used the Groupon Getaways a few times for a quick weekend vacation, but haven't done one for a Vegas hotel yet. I have used a few in Vegas for food and entertainment though.

I agree to double and triple check the expiration and terms. Sometimes they throw a curveball at you in the terms like you can only use this food coupon on a Tuesday for brunch before 10am or something.

5. kathynew

kathynew Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly Sonya!

I have always had a good experience. I even bought one once and the place closed before I had a chance to redeem. My money was refunded. It was only $10 so i opted to put it in my Groupon Bucks for later use.

I also just purchased my first deal at social rewards. I am hoping it is as easy to redeem as Groupon!

6. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never had a bad Groupon experience. You can get some great deals. And they often have 20% deals running, making it even better.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.