1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

12 Hours in Vegas...Any tips?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Nedly60, Mar 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nedly60

Nedly60 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be heading out to a conference in LA during early part of May. I'm thinking about heading over to Vegas late afternoon preconference, spend evening and overnight in Vegas, then fly back early am with a mid afternoon conference start time.

My plan would be to catch something to eat upon arrival....probably mid strip, catch some sights (bellagio fountains, perhaps a cigar at casa Fuente) head downtown for a bit of people watching and gambling, then back to strip to gamble and perhaps breakfast at Peppermill.

I'm not planning to get a room....just some red bulls and 5 hour energy drinks. Has anybody here done this and might you have some tips for me? Appreciate any and all input.

2. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like fun. Ah, to be young again. I assume you are young. 12 hours goes fast in Vegas. Is this your first time to Vegas?

3. Nedly60

Nedly60 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    55 years old....9th visit to Vegas....last summer, spent 4 days 3 nites at Linq....slept about 2 hours per night...just feeling a little unsettled about not having a room to crash...I could burn one of my room offers at CET and pay the resort fee....just don't feel like doing it at this point

4. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. I'm 53 and can't imagine staying up all night and then flying somewhere but, hey, it's Vegas. You could just play it by ear and stay up all night. I can't handle the caffeine in a cup of coffee let alone energy drinks. You're only young once so have at it!

5. andyg99

andyg99 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    same here - at 52 any Vegas all-nighter needs to be followed with a very quiet next day with lots of naps... but maybe he can catch some Z's during the conference!

Vegas Trip #57
    Vegas Trip #58, Sammy Hagar
  6. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i do it every trip.. I usually red eye it there and back. with no hotel room the first and last night lol... vodka red bulls are your friend.. stay moving, if you sit or stand in one place to long you will get tired quick.

7. Vladimir

Vladimir Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did this a few years ago - spent a week in Las Vegas before flying to another part of the US for a family event for a week, flew back to Las Vegas returning about 10pm, leaving to return to the UK at around 7am the following day.

I got a cab to the Stratosphere , had dinner, sat at a slot for 10 minutes, then went to the poker room and didn't get up again until returning to the airport at about 4:30am. Finished about $25 up as well!

8. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    random question - it sounds like you're planning to goto LA first, then to LAS, then back to LA.
    do you have the option to fly to LAS to begin with and spend a little more time there?

a few years back I had a conference in LA and did what I described above. I booked RT flights to LAS and then hopped to LA pre conference, and back to LAS post conference. used SWA from LAS to SNA and it was dirt cheap, like $49 one way.

9. Nedly60

Nedly60 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great advice thus far! Thanks Everyone. I am spending some time with family pre conference, then my wife is heading back home at 11am...planning to do the Vegas thing later in the afternoon on the same day. My plan when she leaves will be to go back to hotel, grab about another 4 hours sleep, head to airport and commence the plan! LAs summer, I pulled off a 4 day 3 nighter with only 1-2 hours of sleep per night, so I'm hoping that my body will sustain the night! I emplaning on 4-5 hours of sleep once i return to LA...before the conference starts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.