1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Secret Garden - how long would someone spend there?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by garfan, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garfan

garfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    for anyone who has gone to the secret garden, how long did you spend there?

2. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How long you spend there is strictly up to you, but I wasn't there for too long. Between waiting for the dolphin training and walking around, definitely less than an hour. There just isn't really enough to warrant spending a long time there (unless you are with a child who is fascinated by the animals). The dolphin area is nice, you get to see them swimming around the pools, and if you wait for a training session it's fun because you get to see them do a few tricks etc. You might even get splashed if you get too close. The tiger section is small, and the animals always seem to be napping. There aren't that many and there is just so long that you can be entertained by staring at a sleeping tiger. A friend of mine told me that years ago the Secret Garden had many more animals. I have been there twice, only because it was free thanks to my Platinum MLife membership, but I personally wouldn't pay to see it.

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The one time I went there, I spent maybe half an hour

I Need Spa
  4. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a secret.....

5. garfan

garfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for the input

6. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me its always between 90 minutes- 2 hours

7. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or if you ARE a "child" who is fascinated by the animals. ;) We spent most of the afternoon there, watching the animals and talking to the dolphin people. My husband did his internship at Marineland in LA and knew some of the people there so there was that kind of chatting. I was curious about the "tricks" they were having the dolphins do and I wanted to know more about how/when they have them perform. But I'm a weirdo. I also spent about 4 hours at the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay when we went there. I'm a nerd for animals and study animal behavior and training in my spare time.

I would say to allow 60-90 minutes, but you can certainly do it in less time, or more, depending on your preferences.

8. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went in November when they had baby tiger cubs. The weather was nice so most of the cats were up and about, I probably spent an hour and a half between the cats and the Dolphins. Hubby and I went last summer to slow the gambling bleeding and we were there an hour tops. Too hot for the cats to be active. I'd like to do the trainer for a day sometime but it's crazy expensive.

Happy birthday to me!
    Let’s check Garth off my nieces bucket list!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.