1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question on getting end of trip comps - CET

Discussion in 'Comps' started by cmoltisanti, Mar 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmoltisanti

cmoltisanti Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been diamond for a while, haven't paid for a room in a long time and usually get some minor amount of free play 50-100 from the corporate CET host (not property specific) i book most rooms through. For CET if my ADT is around $800-1k is this worth trying to get an on property host and/or checking with the host office at the end of the trip to see about comping meals and stuff off? I never do this but am curious with my level of ADT it would be worth it to pursue.

2. cmoltisanti

cmoltisanti Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Should mention I am mostly a slots player.

3. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm no expert on CET, but if your ADT is $1K you should be getting back 30% of that back in comps, maybe more. $300 a day or so. I think you are a little light, and you should definitely push for all you can get. Definitely get yourself a host on site.

4. cmoltisanti

cmoltisanti Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the response. What is the best way to go about doing that? I have had hosts at other properties but have always gotten them due to either the host finding me or getting an email/call/mail from the host after I got back from a trip. This has never happened to me with CET with the exception of the corporate "host" who really can't do anything for me besides rooms/FP (although he has extended comp rooms past the 5 day limit on a couple occasions now).

5. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a couple of suggestions. As a preliminary point, CET really likes slot players so you may have more flexibility than you think. It is possible if you have been diamond for many years you already have a host, but don't know it. If you have a smart phone consider loading the "Play by TR" app and then after you sign up, you can find a host button showing your assigned hosts for each property. You can then contact that host.

Alternatively, when you check out, you could ask the diamond desk to see if the host on duty can look over your action and see if any charges can be comped on the back end. The clerk typically will direct you to the host on duty or call directly.

Good luck.

6. CindyS

CindyS Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go to the Host on Duty office before you check out. Ask them if they can take a look at your bill to see if there is anything they can do. I have always gotten all charges wiped except tips minus one time when my host put me in a large suite at PHo and that ate up my comp dollars. If you have any Reward credits in your account, they will take them all first before extending any additional discretionary comps based on play. I usually just spend mine before I go see the host buying presents for myself or others at a gift shop. Always ask, the worst they can say is no.

7. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always had points to spare at end of trip so I have never bothered to even try to get anything extra taken off. I'm down to $117 in comp dollars as well as a weekend trip to Council Bluffs before Vegas - so likely my starting balance in Vegas will be ZERO. So it might be worth trying since I have an Elton ticket already booked on my account.

Where is the Host office normally located? Are they normally at the TR desk? Or do you have to go elsewhere to find them? (This trip will be Ballys & that TR desk doesn't have an office area behind it like Paris does).

8. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At ballys, the host on duty will be in the diamond check in (that's where they are at most CET properties). Even if there is no one at the host on duty desk in the diamond registration, one of the check in clerks will get a host on the phone and ask them to review your play.

At Paris, there are also a couple hosts' desks at the back of the champagne slots.

9. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you - never hurts to ask!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.