1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Carnaval vs Mardi Gras @ Harrah's

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by waverunner, Feb 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't stayed at Harrah's since the Showboat. I plan on booking (through the calendar) for Thanksgiving (and i have a lot to be thankful for), Nov.20th for 5 nights (all comped). I also have the RIO and Flamingo comped but i didn't like Flamingo last Nov. and the Rio was fine but i'd rather stay on the Strip.

My calendar shows the Carnaval rooms comped for Standard or High Roller, or i can get the Mardi Gras room comped. I notice the Mardi Gras rooms have duel plasma TV's. I have no problem with outside noise, it's not a factor. The footage is about the same and the room looks almost the same.
    I also noticed that the Carnaval SOUTH Tower rooms have been upgraded and look real nice, but you can't book them, calendar or no calendar. Looks like a GO room.

Does anyone who has stayed there have a preference? Has anyone stayed in the new South Carnaval South Tower and how to book that room (if it's reasonable)?

2. robchimo

robchimo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed in the Mardi Gras tower a couple of times and enjoyed it, never seemed too worn or dirty. I have the new Carnival South room booked for this weekend, so I will report back on how it is.

3. codingkw

codingkw High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Subscribing so I can hear how the carnival south room is. I have one booked for June.

4. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks robchimo. Did you book the South Tower room by phone?
    I'm glad you enjoyed the Mardi Gras, i will probably book that Tower but looking forward to your report and how the South Tower rooms compare and whether it's worth the upgrade.
    Have a great time.

5. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back from Harrah's Superbowl weekend. Had comp Carnival room. When I asked for an upgrade to the Carnival South room, they told me they are still being remodeled. As I walked to my Carnival room one direction on my floor (6200) was closed and being remodeled.

6. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did some more checking, the Carnaval South Tower rooms are priced the same as my comped rooms at either the Carnaval High Roller or Mardi Gras rooms (using my non sign in). The South Tower rooms are small like the LinQ, but have coffee makers, fridge, and 50" TV's.
    Since i'm going in Nov.i'm sure the rooms will be complete.
    Here's a pic........ 1451940940532.jpg

7. robchimo

robchimo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was actually able to book through the website, but I noticed they aren't available anymore. My reservation still says "Carnaval South 1KNS Strip View", but the little picture of the room now shows a room from Linq, not the remodeled Carnaval room as it did before. Hopefully at least one is ready by Friday! I'll report back next week.

8. robchimo

robchimo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is what my reservation looks like now...when I click on 'view' it doesn't mention a "South" room anymore. We'll see...
    Capture.jpg Capture.jpg

9. robchimo

robchimo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As I suspected, the new Carnaval South rooms are not available. Lady at Diamond check in told me they would be done sometime in April.

10. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks robchino. Although the South Tower rooms will be ready in Nov., as a Gold card holder i probably won't get those rooms because i'm staying for 5 nights and probably too much to upgrade.

I'll book the Carnival room with High Roller view and ask for a high floor.

11. MrPapageorgio

MrPapageorgio Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone stayed in the new Carnaval South rooms yet? I have one booked in early April, just wondering if anyone has a review of one yet.
    Thanks.

12. CALELLA

CALELLA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How was your Carnival Room? I have one booked in June and just wondered if you were on the Carnival Court side(was noise an issue if you were) or the LV Boulevard side. Also wondered if the room had a fridge in it.

Thanks

Jimmy

13. codingkw

codingkw High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

I have a Carnival South room totally comped for 5 days and I am only a gold player.

14. cpochick

cpochick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you have to call to book it as comped? I have comped rooms for Harrahs (planning on going in June) - but not the Carnival South room is not comped, I have it available but not cheap. Just wondering if you called?

15. codingkw

codingkw High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine came up online, but they may be booked up. I'm sure people jumped on newly renovated rooms quickly.

16. waverunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my case this is different. I usually go to Vegas 3 weeks per year, however, i had open heart surgery so when/if i go in November, i'm at a disadvantage, my points, which used to be in the upper bracket of Gold, have fallen to miniscule proportions now because i haven't been to Vegas since last Nov., so it will be a year come Nov. (i usually go 3 times a year for a week.
    I do get comped for 5 nights but @ standard/high roller rooms, i'll try and see what the $20 tip will get me in the South Tower rooms at Harrah's, but i don't feel confident like i did before, like at Bally's Jubilee rooms.

17. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.