1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hoops and Hops @ Cosmopolitan

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by CenterfieldNine, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CenterfieldNine

CenterfieldNine High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey All,

Made a large gamble and booked Hoops and Hops for myself and my crew. We did the VIP package for 3 Days with Open Bar, etc...

I suppose I realized that my normal diet of knowing the ins and outs of where to find Bartop VP, good HL Slot service with a $1 machine in the mix, $10 Craps, and occasionally mixing in a High Roll or two was not going to be sustainable for a group of 3.

Has anyone experienced Hops and Hops open bar? If so, I am really curious:
    -What beers/"well" liquors are available
    -How easy is seating to find downstairs and upstairs
    -How insane I was to pay what I did
    -What are the pros and cons of this venue(but please not versus ph or mgm or other known quantities as I've been there/done that and am DONE with Caesars [because im waiting for them to file bankruptcy] and MGM is fine but im no-rolling them this time)

Y'all are the best!

I'll provide a review afterwards regardless of the presence of comments or lack thereof. They have me for $1200 so I might as well give you the pro's con's for next year AT THE LEAST!
    (I'm a fact finder, so pictures, facts and whatever else i find will come. Mark my words.)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  2. akhoya362

akhoya362 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you checked out the March Madness in Las Vegas Facebook group? They've got most of the answers you're looking for (not that VMBers don't!) -- and it's a great planning resource for all things MM.

From what I've read, H&H has about 10 different kinds of beers -- the open-bar liquors are Jack Daniels, Bacardi or some other brand-name equivalent, etc. Plenty of seating, although a lot of people tend to get there early. Easier to get VIP seating than GA seating, obviously. (A larger group should get there early, from what I'm told.)

I have a group of 8, so I decided to spring for the VIP couches, which have a slightly different deal. ($375/pp, no open bar but a $250 F&B credit/pp, with wait staff.)

3. CenterfieldNine

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks akhoya! Yes, I'm actually a member of that group as well -- am even getting their shirts for my group this year as we need something topical/green anyhow (St. Paddy's day is the first day).

Thanks for the heads up, it's great to hear there are 10 beers and Jack Daniels rather than "well/bud heavy/bud light draft" or something like that.
    Any insight on if they are drafts or cans in the open bar? any specific beers you recall?

I priced out the couches too but we decided to go for the 3-day access rather than the couch (even though Friday will be our main day watching the games). Definitely steep prices so I am hoping it pans out to be worthwhile.

4. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ordered one of their shirts too - loved the color and design

5. CenterfieldNine

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a nice design, yes.

Anyone else with any firsthand experience at this watch party? I'm hearing it may change this year but still looking for a vote of confidence on the open bar selection

6. sharper

sharper Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ive been at at Hoops and Hops for at least one day every year they have had it. With regards to the current set up, previously the VIP level was the upper level. Open bars were located in the back and it was easy and quick to get drinks. I know the rum was Bacardi. I think the vodka was Smirnoff. Not sure about anything else as I think that's what I stuck to. They had all the domestic beer you would expect, plus corona and Amstel I think. I stuck to Corona. I've heard this year they are switching it and only VIP wristband holders will be allowed on the lower level. In the past, the VIP holders didn't have food or had some pop chips or pretzels (which were pretty awful). This year, again not confirmed, but I read somewhere that some of the Cosmo restaurants would be providing some small snack items for the VIP level. VIP can also go to any level.

As for seating, when the VIP level was upstairs, seating was plentiful. Very easy to find a seat. However, the seats are pretty uncomfortable when you are sitting in them for 12 hours. If it's moved downstairs, I don't know how the seating will be set up. I'd love to see some round tables and better chairs this year. Having said all that, Cosmo is a great option, but it's a little pricy. If you had to spend 3 days somewhere for MM, Cosmo is a great option. However, my group likes moving around and the idea of spending all the days in one place isn't appealing to us but if we had to, we'd pick Cosmo. I think you'll like it. If you see a group of WVU guys in Thursday, that's probably us.

7. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me, too! I really like the 2016 design! I wasn't crazy about the design last year (it reminded me of Seattle Supersonics logo from back in the day) but I still ordered one and wore it proudly.

Of course I'll wear it Thursday for St Patrick's Day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.