1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Priceline - Frontier Airlines

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Backagain1, Jan 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thought we were getting a good deal! Went to Frontier Airlines to pick our seats and they are an additional charge! Wow. I think 12 and/or 45 dollars.
    Reading reviews someone said they did not choose a seat but still were given a seat at no cost.

Has anyone had this issue? Should I just learn and select my seat? I tried calling but the recording said if we are not flying within the next XX amount of hours to call later.

Thanks for your input - that will teach me to go the cheap route!

2. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate Frontier. Horrible customer service and they charge extra for everything. Next will be a charge to use the bathroom inflight.

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I can fly from STL to Vegas for as little as ~$70 a person round trip with a bag, I have no problem with them charging for other things. But if people from STL still want to pay $360+ a person to get their bags, a soft drink, peanuts, and ritz snack mix for free, with an extra 2" of leg room, more power to them I guess...

As for the frontier seat thing. Yeah, they are tight on this. If your flight is undersold though, you'll be able to move once the plane is fully boarded except for the emergency row and the first 3 rows. If your flight is under $100 the day you leave, you likely don't need to buy a seat. But if sitting in a certain spot or together is a must for you, then you probably should pay for it. You're still saving money even after paying for it, right?

4. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not sure and leaning towards no on saving money. I just paid an extra 288. for two people to include luggage and seats.

Live and learn, I was thinking of not doing paying anything until I saw that it would be more on check in.

I am thinking they will not be my airline of choice in the future.

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yikes, for $288...I hope you got either the emergency row or first 3 rows. Or bringing 2 bags each... When the g/f and I fly frontier, we share one big suitcase and check it. It used to only cost $20/leg (now $25-$30). And if your SWA prices are lower than $200 rt a person, you're a lucky one. We gotta drive 3 hours to KC for that.

6. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow that's a helluva uncharge

ULCC's have that pay for extras game on lock.

Be careful with using booking sites too. Using them for flights and hotels severely reduced your options should problems occur.

7. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We all pay for our education.

If you bought your tickets on Frontier, you would have known about the fee for picking your seat and the charge for luggage. Priceline is good for hotel bookings, but I would never use them for airfare.

Frontier is similar to Allegiant and Spirit regarding fees, but $288 in additional fees seems excessive. I've flown Frontier twice and would do so again, seats and luggage added about $75 per ticket.

8. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I should have known, maybe. I read something about luggage charge and then did a search and thought that was no longer the case.
    Maybe I over bought but I do not want to be in line and be unable to take something on. This is a first for me so yes I am paying for my education.
    I had to pay roundtrip for myself and my companion.
    As I am reading on their FB page I may have been able to not purchase a seat and chance not sitting with my companion but that is not a route I want to take.

For me it is a lesson learned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.