1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Splitting our April trip between Suncoast & MSS.

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by Joe, Jan 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have a fondness for Suncoast ever since we lived in Vegas. We’ve gave them a one night stay in November while staying at MSS. Now I received an offer for 3 nights in April.

If we stay for 3 nights, then we get $40 in daily freeplay and $40 in daily food credits.

If we only stay 2 nights, then besides the above, two rounds of golf are included at Angel Park, which is just across the street from SC. Mid April is usually too crappy around here to golf, so a little tune up is in order, just so we can remember all our bad habits from last year. Actually it’s just an excuse to get out and get some sun.

So the plan is to catch the SC airport shuttle on Friday, (5 pm) stay two nights, then get the WAX to downtown and check-in at MSS. Get our Gold Card and take their limo back to the airport on Tuesday.

Since we’ll have no MSS gaming on our card for Fri & Sat, I’m assuming it won’t affect our theo and comps at MSS. We’ll give them normal amount of play on Sun & Mon.

2. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very nice.
    What kinda room you booking at MSS? In your last TR you mentioned the rooms facing the Plaza being quieter but no suites on that side.

3. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't blame you for splitting up your nights. For a number of years now we have been doing the strip for 3/5 nights then moving to South Point for 2/3 nights. Totally different experiences makes me feel like I'm taking 2 different vacations. Have a great time.

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've decided that a standard room with a high odd number is just fine. Skip the suite.

5. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Joe, great minds think alike. We're doing pretty much the same as you next week. 3 nights SC, 4 downtown, taking the WAX to SC and then back downtown.

My offer was the same as yours - 3 nights, $40 food per day with $40 freeplay plus the option of a round of golf for 2 everyday. Does your offer only offer golf if you stay 2 nights or am I misunderstanding? I'm not a golfer so won't be using that part of the offer but I'm just curious as to how much value Suncoast puts on the golfing offer.

Sorry to hear you broke your wrist and missed your last trip. Does the cast come off in 51 days? That's a long time!

6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like they value the golf for two at $40. The wording on the offer is a little ambiguous, but I read it as if we golf, then we lose $40
    in freeplay, one day and could still get 3 comped nights, 3, $40 per day in food, but only 2 days of $40 in FP. But who knows, the free golf for two might be on their 12 hole par 3. iirc, that cost is under $20 pp.

I have to go in on 1/12 and they remove the pins. Then a cast for 3 more weeks. By the doctor's timetable, I should get the cast off on 2/2/16. I changed our Feb trip thinking if there was a delay, I didn't want to travel with the damn cast. Then my brother decided to join us, so I now have to be there on Feb 26th to check him in at 4Q, using my offer.

In case you didn't know, SC does run a free shuttle to and from the airport. From the airport to SC it starts at 9AM and it runs every two hours. The last one leaves the airport at 7PM. So, 6 runs per day.

7. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a great trip. We should be in Vegas during the trip in 99 days maybe we can meet for a beer finally.

TomTWI

8. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I sure hope that wrist doesn't cause you grief in Vegas. You must have done some pretty good damage to have pins in it. Video poker and lifting drinks is probably great exercise for it!

I had forgotten about the SC shuttle. Thanks for the reminder. This trip we are spending our last night at El Cortez so we hope to use their free car service to get to the airport. If it's booked, we'll just grab the WAX. It's an enjoyable ride too.

I read my SC offer as golf for all 3 days but like I said, I never use it so who knows. I'd rather have anything else besides golf but it's not worth chasing down. Maybe I'll bump into Fred this trip and ask him about it.

9. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Joe, I don't have such generous offers, but currently have a couple nights booked at MSS AND an overlapping night at SC. (This is after 5 nights at Orleans and Gold Coast.) Need to decide something pretty soon. Good luck with the pins and cast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.