1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Harrah's AC Bartop VP ,25 level.(Royal no cheese) 12/6

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by jamesxnj, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

My worse fear hit..should be super happy about Royal #2 lifetime but it's like kissing your sister..
    The regulars know the Royal payout of 8000 means a ten unit max bet but if you play the normal 5 units ($1.25) all the lower payouts are the same..
    But playing basically a normal $0.50 denom is too high for me there and have joked about nailing the big one by being cheap/frugal/scared.

Yeah I popped it at the Poker bar while waiting to check in and while watching the Jets/Giants game and a couple great hits from people next to me.Having a nice time.I mention hey it's my turn!!...And here it is...F me..But nice way to start the VP first session..

20151206_144329.jpg

Did hit a premium 4oak later that night so finished up ok on the short day...Does not happen that often first night to me..
    Next couple days nothing to mention with play split from Borgata to the GN and Harrahs craps/roulette...

-$ 500 or so with all the tips etc is the end result.with the vegas wallet bills still intack for the next trip.

Just had to share that pix with you all.Best wishes everybody on your next trips!

2. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A win is still a win! My wife hit a royal at the that bar 2 years ago playing the full amount.

3. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey,thats a royal anyway you cut it. Mrs. JG hit one at the Eden Friday night when she was down to her last $20 after two days playing, only 2 quarters,$125 or so .
    I,ve seen quite a few royals at that bar,one guy hit 4k on dbl,dbl bonus sitting next to Mrs. a month or so ago.

4. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah guys a Royal is a Royal not really complaining and that premium 4ok was at the Eden bar later that night..Forget what it was in DDB not Aces though.best hand ever at that bar though..Good band playing and it was fun...But I think they flip a switch after the weekend and the machines get ice cold..crazy I know but on Tuesday afternoon back at the poker bar it was down down down and no one else at the bar hitting..

5. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I still cant believe this one a-hole a few months back at the Eden. He had four of a royal but one card not suited giving him a straight . He asked us what he should do and naturally we told him to go for the royal. Of course the dickhead hits the royal for 2k. You would think he would throw us a couple bucks but no. Cheap f.*#.k.

6. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Should have at least offered to buy you a round...Did he tip on the handpay? Kinda guessing yes to the payout but not the original advice..

7. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    jamesxnj: Shame on you. :nono: There, now you've been chastised. Of course you know to play full coin (to win the most) or single coin (to lose the least) but never, never 2, 3 or 4 coins. :bang:
    Next time you're in Harrah's-AC try the full pay 9/6 DDB machines right near the TR desk and leave those Eden scum-sucking machines alone.

8. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You would? So we now tip cocktail waitresses, bartenders, hand pays, players next to us and the cleaning people that nudge you just so slightly (intentionally) while you play? Nah, you offered friendly advice. If he buys the next round, great, if not, play on.

Nick:beer:

9. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I had to do it all over again I wouldnt offer any advice.

10. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate machines that have this setup. Mirage Sports Bar is the same way with shitty ass paytables. But if you were playing max all the timing would have been different and you probably wouldn't have hit it. At least that's what I'd tell myself with a shorted royal.

As for the advice thing, yeah you can't expect anything, but if he got a drink afterward, he should get you one too. I've told a few people to break srtaights/flushes before but it's never worked out.

Including my gf last night in Tunica (even though she ~knew the right play). Shit.

[​IMG]

11. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't really see how the timing could be different Tring...I was just hitting repeat bet button,not adding units one-by-one..But coming from you,I'll take it into consideration.:nworthy:

12. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even a 1ms timing difference would have dealt different cards.

13. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I was thinking the initial choice of choosing bet 5 vs. max bet. Those buttons are different spots.

14. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I see Tim...I'm still thinking along the lines of having the redeal cards directly behind the original dealt instead of a rolling RNG..But that said first Royal I hit was holding 4 and I actually stood up to hit the draw button...Jack of Clubs baby! ..So pumped up at the time to get that monkey off my back..(Gold Coast back bar playing DW also btw)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.