1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cirque Du Soleil show help

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Danny61231, Nov 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danny61231

Danny61231 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife really wants to go see a Cirque du Soleil show while we are in Las Vegas (February 25th-29th). I know NOTHING about these and really need some help. Which shows are the best? Are you able to get the cheapest tickets and still have a good experience? Is there any way to get cheaper tickets? I know that they have the half price ticket booths around town but do they have popular shows like these available? Again, any information is very helpful.

2. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never bought from the ticket boots but they do have the Cirque Shows. I am not sure about the pricing etc.
    http://www.tix4tonight.com/vegas-shows/

You can check this website for prices:
    https://www.vegas.com/deals/

Their own website has deals like buy one get one for $15.
    https://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/offers/las-vegas/default.aspx

I don't have much advice for you othewise. We saw Zarkana last year and enjoyed it but it's more adult themed. We sat up front. This year we are going to see Ka which I have only read good things about.

3. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The shows are vastly different i mean there's one based on Michael Jackson, One on the Beatles one on magician Criss Angel, Zumanity is 18+ with nudity, pick the theme that appeals to you and then shop for tickets, i would say you can get discounts for most of the show except the Michael jackson one

4. Aw234

Aw234 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've seen most of the Cirque shows and I think their all great in their own right. Seen Ka and Love twice due My Vegas rewards on Facebook. Have always seen empty seats so availability shouldn't be an issue. Never used the cheap ticket booths. Good Luck

Aw234

5. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Start out with Mystere'. You can get really good deals on tix and the show is great. I have seen 3x and always take Vegas first timers and everyone loves it.

6. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Second this. Mystere is a great show with all the acrobatics that you want to see. You can usually get some solid deals directly through CDS website.

7. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say Mystere for a first timer. Don't worry about sitting up front. With cirque shows you are better off sitting half way back or more since there are things going on all around the theatre.

8. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Call the box office now and ask what's the first day tickets become available for purchase for the date you want. It used to be 90 days in advance. I used this info to get front row at O and declined front row at Blue Man (splash zone).

Bros are back!
  9. bigpatpunisher

bigpatpunisher Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mystere has a nice variety of acts, so I'd consider it a good choice for a first time CDS show. Either that, or Love, since it's the top choice for most. The half price booths have discounts for them all, minus MJ most times. Goldstar, Travelzoo, and even the CDS website will have similar discounts or BOGO offers in case you don't want to wait in line while in town.

10. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of VMB's most knowledgeable posters, GregRio, is no longer with us, but his recommendations for seating still hold true though they
    exclude Believe and Michael Jackson One which opened after his passing. His general guideline for Cirque shows was "Upper Rear seats are best".

His specific seating recommendations were:

Mystere - SECTION 203, ROWS AA-GG
    LOVE - SECTION 209 or 200 anywhere. (I prefer upper/mid area)
    KA - SECTION 202, ROWS AA-GG
    'O' - -SECTION 203, Upper Orchestra
    ZUMANITY - SECTIONS 102 or 103, ROWS A-D (avoid side sections)

As far as selecting a show to see, he always said it depended on the individual so I would suggest reading up a little
    on each. For my wife and I, the one we have seen most frequently is the Beatles themed LOVE.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will skip the part about which one to see. If you scroll down the page, you will find lots of suggestions. (we have been to LOVE 8? times)

But to getting discount tickets. Check each of the websites. They do run specials from time to time. Bad seats are not a big issue in most shows. The list above for is for BEST seats in most cases. For example, we have sat in different areas all over the LOVE show and they are all good.

12. Danny61231

Danny61231 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all of the great advice. I will definitely take it all into consideration while we are making our decision. Dan

13. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Based on my experiences:

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE,LOVE,LOVE,LOVE,LOVE - seven times - our favorite - we prefer lower/stage seating - but all seats are good.
    Mystere and KA were good
    "O" - disappointing - slept through part of it
    Some are a little risqué- depends on your personal preference - check them all out online before deciding.

Try half price tickets or tix4tonight - or look for two for one deals - the shows above are usually available - I'd ask for 'best available' rather than the cheapest - sometimes cheapest are wayyyyy up in the nosebleed section and you miss out on the special effects.

Whatever you choose - ENJOY!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.