1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

2015 dinner for 2 with strip view suggestions

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by thenuke1, Nov 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bday dinner for 2 suggestions

What started out as a dinner for 2 with strip view has now become a bday dinner for 2 anywhere on the strip... She mentioned that she wanted to try Gordons steak restaurant anyone have a meal there? Or any place similar. I decided to go with the ferris wheel tickets after dinner

I trust vm members with suggestions so whatcha got?

-on or off strip
    -looking at maybe $100 for 2 dinner
    -alcohol included would be a plus but not a must
    -living social, Groupon, travelzoo would be a plus
    - Tuesday night

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not a large number of restaurants with strip view. First off, where are you staying and/or what are you doing after dinner. Might have an impact.

Next, looking for higher end - well in your case, medium, or are you happy with Outback?

Hard to find anything decent for under $20 a head for entree. Mon Ami Gabi could work, but not with drinks.

Pretty much anything with strip view might rule out coupons.

3. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have updated info you've asked

Blue man group Sunday, human nature on monday

4. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For that much, it's gonna be tough.

If you're worried about how the food tastes:
    Stripburger at Fashion Show Mall
    Bobby's Burger Palace

If you're only worried about the view:
    Diablo Cantina
    Margaritaville
    Twin Peaks

If you can spend ~$50 extra dollars:
    Mon Ami Gabi

If you can spend ~$75 extra dollars:
    Voodoo Steak at the Rio

If you can spend ~$100 extra dollars:
    Eiffel Tower Restaurant

If you can spend ~$200+ extra dollars:
    Alize at the Palms
    Prime at the Bellagio
    Picasso at the Bellagio
    Twist at the Mandarin Oriental

5. robchimo

robchimo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hex, next to Paris, is right on the strip and within your budget. Worth looking into...

6. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The thing about restaurants with a good view its also going to affect the price of your meal. So unless you think the view is more important then the food i would look into other options as well for your budget. Some cheap strip favourites of mine with solid food is Stripburger, Five 50 Pizza and Yard House.

7. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have to agree with this, so not to be difficult but it really depends on what you mean by a "strip view". Technically White Castle has a strip view, but it doesn't look out on anything neat. If you're wanting to overlook the fountains or something like that, those views come with a price tag, and even in a lot of those establishments there are plenty of tables without a good view. If you just want to sit on/near the strip and people watch, there are dozens of legitimate options, many identified above. I'd look around the Monte Carlo / Planet Hollywood / MGM Grand area for some nice options; or up north there are things like Senor Frogs, Outback, or a few others.

Another option is to head far north to Stratosphere and go to the Top of the World at the top of the tower. Its out of your desired price range for dinner, but for lunch you can eat there very reasonably, and it has a great view of the strip. Or, skip the meal and go up to the bar at 107. Go at dusk or night, its really a cool sight to behold.

Edit: here would be my suggestion. Grab a cheap(er) dinner, and then use the money you save to ride the High Roller at night. You won't get a better view of the strip.

8. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's actually an awesome idea haha probably going to go with that

9. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, if you can commit to that, why not roll the dice, take the entire budget and either double it up and sit down at Mon Ami Gabi or go for broke and eat McDonalds. Put $50 on red or black and either eat good with $110 or eat $10 worth of hamburgers at McDonalds.

Money won is twice as sweet as money earned... and so is the food you buy with it.

10. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I was out with the boys I would... But it's sort of an early bday gift for my lady haha

11. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would suggest you go up to Level 107 at The Stat for happy hour 4-7pm. It's a great deal and a great view. Spend your $60 on drinks and some appetizers.

12. princessh

princessh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Geez I can't even get a descent meal for two people and one drink in Louisiana for 60 bucks. I would say if you want a view of the strip and on that budget, get fat burger to go and stand and eat in front of Bellagio to watch the fountains. Unfortunately, Vegas is not a place that has a lot of value. I don't mind being tight at home but when on vaca or in Vegas that rule is completely out the window. I did once eat at Outback (with the hubs bc he doest like the fancy restaurants, as I do in vegas, and half of why I go to Vegas) and Outback felt like we were cattle. They tried to take our drink order and meal order at once, there was also a wait when we went, and it was an off time like 4 pm or smth like that.

13. princessh

princessh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

So true about free money feeling! Can kick off the night to a great start.

14. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure where they are playing these days. Also, where are you staying?

15. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm staying at the Plaza but the dinner would be on the last night I'm there which would be Tuesday and that night I booked a room at the artisan & I'm driving out from L.A so I'll have a car... Bmg is at the luxor and human nature is at the venetian. I've already decided to grab ferris wheel tickets I just need a nice restaurant before hand

16. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mon Ami.

17. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few years back we had nachos and drinks on a skinny little balcony at Margaritaville. About ten feet above the heads of the sidewalk crowd, it definitely qualified as strip view.

18. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good choice on the high roller tix. Does that impact the budget you had identified before, what are you looking to spend at this point?

19. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Smith & Wollenski across from City Center and close to MGM has outdoor dining on the Strip. I pass it all the time coming/going from South Strip/Mid Strip. It's been there for years.

20. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mon Ami Gabi or Ruth Chris at Harrah's. You can sometimes get coupons for Ruth Chris too.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.