1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Linq vs Flamingo

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by EastCoastVegasFan!, Oct 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I might be in the minority here, but I like the Flamingo much better. Just got back from the Linq - A few observations.

1) The Linq room numbers don't correspond with the floor numbers, I felt like Pac-Man trying to find the other two guys I went with.
    2) The Linq room was considerably smaller than Flamingo
    3) The pool was dead @ Linq

It wasn't a horrible stay, it was comfortable, but was wondering if anyone else felt the same way.

In even worse news, I won't be back in Vegas until April and July of 2016.......

July 19th - July 24th
  2. Lastkaii

Lastkaii Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got incredibly lost looking for my room upon checkin at the LINQ, the layout is confusing because like you said the numbers don't really mean what you think they would. Front desk did an okay job of explaining this but it was still confusing.

Overall I enjoyed my stay, didn't use the pool or anything as I was there during EDC week just doing clubs/EDC.

3. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our one Flamingo stay a couple years ago was tainted by a couple of disgusting hallway cleanliness issues that took a LONG time to resolve (talking days...) if at all...
    With some time under out belt we might try again...but only if we aren't comped/cheaper at any other CET property...(tho we did like our GO room)
    I enjoyed our LINQ room; it was small, especially the bathroom built for one. (but we don't spend much time in our room).
    Pool wasn't open yet; and didn't even notice the room numbers!

4. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a long time CET person, however, it's been years since i last stayed at Flamingo but my rates were too good to pass up.....6 nights @ $2 per. But i will use the sandwich to get the GO room.
    I actually liked the Imperial Palace and their parking garage with cars floating away during monsoons and the "authentic" Hawaiian Luau's.
    I almost stayed at the LinQ last year but stay where the best rates are and comped is better than almost comped. I do know the rooms are small but that doesn't faze me (i once stayed in that dungeon the Capri wing, and live to tell about it). I sort of do the opposite of what most people do, i book the cheapest rate at that property and then use the foot long sandwich to upgrade.
    Since i'll be there the week before Thanksgiving (and the day after the Marathon Run), i shouldn't have much of a problem using the 6" sandwich, but if need be i'll put my foot into it.

5. Shaunny11

Shaunny11 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found the rooms at The Linq very small and we could hear conversations from next door and across the hall. It was modern and clean. I like The Flamingo and have only stayed in the Go rooms the last 10(?) years. The pool is busy, rooms are nice and big with a tub and shower (Go rooms) and I have personally never had issues with at The Flamingo. I don't know that I would stay at the Linq again although now with the resort fees I am also not sure I will stay at The Flamingo again either.

6. Snickers99

Snickers99 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the Linq. Yeah, the room numbers are confusing. I was only half listening to the hotel front desk when she was telling where my room was. I'm thinking, well, it's like every other hotel...the first two numbers are my floor. Until I walked away and looked down at something like 31824. Hmm. It's not the 31st floor. But now I know...they have three districts. So my room was District 3, floor 18, room 24.

7. bassman69

bassman69 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just stay at Ballys you will be better off.

8. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like rooms at the Pentagon.

Example: 2E427 = 2nd floor, E ring (there was a TV show called that), 4th corridor, room 27

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.