1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Last minute switch to Cromwell, what do I need to know?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by fenway68, Sep 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had a last minute swap to Cromwell for this weekend's upcoming trip (long story why);

Have never stayed there, what do I need to know?

Rooms/floors to avoid?
    Room set up/quality?
    Safes in room?
    Coffee?
    Best place for breakfast near by?
    How noisy is Drais? I sleep though most but just curious?
    Best closest Diamond Lounge, I understand Cromwell lacks one..?
    How is the VP? Drink Service? Table games?

I will do some poking around the board tomorrow morning to see what others have posted, just wanted to get a head start so to speak...

2. TimWhalen

TimWhalen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed on the 7th facing Bally's and 5th facing Flamingo. Never had issues with noise from Drai's. The GF said she heard the club a bit on the 7th but nothing too bad. Facing Ballys I found the street noise a little loud if you like sleeping in.

Stayed in the Luxury king both times, love the furniture and room. It is a darker room and a little smaller than a normal room. To me that doesn't matter.

Never used the safes.

Coffee is available on the main floor by the elevators. Decent little machine that makes good coffee.

Breakfast I find it just depends on what you are looking for. Only place in the hotel for breakfast is Giada's. Really good, but it's also not a good option if you want some fast or dirty.

Drink service I found pretty solid. I'm not a huge gambler though but for casual play I found it better than other spots I gambled at like Bellagio, Venetian.

3. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All the north-facing rooms have pretty much blank wall views.

4. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    can anyone comment on the fitness facility?

is the pool only a day club? Do I get to go as a hotel memeber or is there extra cost?

5. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that I read somewhere that hotel guest are charged to use the pool (at least at certain times of the day).

6. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that wount matter soon as the dayclub season is over or is over . and u just had to get there on weeked ends on a certian time to get in free

7. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My room, a basic room on the 5th floor was on the small side but clean and modern and dark. The floors and furnishings are dark and there are not as many lights as I think there should be but the room was fine. The view sucked, it was of the wall holding up Drai's.

The safe was in one of the drawers in the dresser and it worked fine. My only compliant about it is that you need to do one extra step to close it after you enter your code (push # maybe?). It might be something you have to do on safes everywhere I just don't remember. Just read the directions carefully.

As someone else said free coffee by the elevators in the lobby, my only compliant is that is it one of those machines that grinds the beans for each cup so it takes a few minutes. Not a huge deal if there is no line but if you are there at prime coffee time it could take a while to get it.

Hard to answer the breakfast question, it depends on what you are looking for.

I didn't hear a thing from Drai's but I was on the 5th floor and I can sleep through anything so I am not a good person to answer that.

VP, I have no idea. The drink service is VERY good as are the table games. Very friendly dealers and bosses (for the most part).

Have fun and good luck. It was my first time staying there and overall I liked it and have no real complaints. But the rooms are really dark which I didn't like.

8. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Closest diamond lounges are next door at Flamingo, or across the street and thru the Bally's/Paris walkway to the one by Paris check in.

9. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DL's in either direction....might want to walk on down to Harrah's if you are going for the hot food....they have had a bigger & better selection than Paris or Flamingo in the last few years. Breakfast? Lots of options....food court at Bally's / Flamingo or Harrah's but we really enjoy walking back to Ellis Island...great / big, tasty & cheap. Warning if you've never been...it is a locals dive but very popular with visitors that are in the know.

We think the drink service at Cromwell is some of the best on the strip....tables or machines. Good luck!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.