1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Absinthe

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Junkyard Hog, Sep 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I saw Absinthe last year and loved it.

From what I understand, there is now a new gazillionaire and a new penny. Has anybody seen the show since the change? How did the show compare?

Thanks

2. IM ALL IN

IM ALL IN High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw it in March. New cast. Gazillionaire was touring? Pibbetts I think was cast out and replaced by Joy...I loved the show and would easily see it again.

3. jbpiv01

jbpiv01 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my $.02 Not near as good as the original. The guy playing Gaz pretty much does the same thing, but there is no way you can replace Penny!

4. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any chance they come back or are they gone for good?

5. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw it the end of May. The gazillionaire was as creepy and funny as the original one. But the show we saw the year before had an even different gazillionaire. Joy was funny and entertaining in her own way, didn't take away from the show. We loved it and enjoyed it just as much as the previous 3 times we saw it. Melody Sweets seems to have a lot more to show, too :wink

6. shemesh

shemesh Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw it last week, to me the guys look to be the same, if you follow some youtube videos the openings are essentially the same as we saw (was a spoiler to me).

The thing that is good was the shows, they had dancers, dancers on rollerblades, tightrope walking, balancing acts, chair stacking and climbing, acrobats, muscle dudes, some astonishing performances.

It is definitely worth watching, but definitely can not compare to any of the cirque shows.

7. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Original Gaz and Penny are in Australia, doing the show there.

8. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's what I heard. Any word if they will come back to the show in Vegas?

9. gadgets19

gadgets19 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw it for the second time a week ago. Gazillionaire was different but the act basically the same. Penny and the act were different. I thought this Penny had a reduced role. Roller skaters were new but act the same. Tap dancers were new and pretty good. I thought the tight rope act was cancelled due to legal troubles but it was back with the same act. Melody Sweets had a small increase to her act.

Still a really good show.

10. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw the show last week. The Gazillionaire was obnoxious as ever (3rd time seeing show), the Penny replacement (Joy) was not as funny as the original sidekick. They have kind of spiced up the roller skating act (performers dressed as a priest and nun)....some sexual tension. I didn't see the tightrope act, which was very disappointing. My daughter in law loved the tap dancers; she took a video of their performance and keeps playing it over and over. Unfortunately, I made my theatrical stage debut that night. I was sitting in the 3rd row which I thought was far enough back to be out of "harms way". The Gazillionaire pointed me out to come up on stage, egad. He called another guy up along with an Asian lady sitting in the first row. We had to do a lap dance competition. I tried to remember some of the moves that I have seen at the Rhino, unbuttoned my shirt, rubbed my chest in her hair, did a little light grinding, etc....but alas I lost to the younger guy. Of course my son got the whole performance on video. I did get a free drink at the bar after the show for my effort. I had several ladies come up to me outside the tent after the show and said that I should have been the winner...didn't get any phone numbers, however. Still an amazing and very entertaining show...go see it.

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have seen the show, but not the new cast.

I will say this... even the same cast the 2nd time around is often not as good. Why? Cause you have already seen it. Just sayin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.