1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone ordering the iPhone 6s tonight?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by BayouBengal, Sep 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone here ordering a new phone tonight? I'll be ordering one but I'm on the fence about 6s vs 6s Plus. I primarily use my iPad or TV or video and movies. I even do most of my web surfing via the iPad like I am now. So I wouldn't be watching a lot of movie other than occasional YouTube videos on the phone

In case Royal reads this, what does Jimmy Poon think? Is the piPhone 6s worth a buy?

2. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got the 6 last year and will be waiting for the 7 before I get another phone.

The Canadian price adjusted to the new slumping dollar is CRAZY. Last September on a 2 year contract I paid $384.99 for the 64 GB Iphone 6. One year later, the 6S price for the 64GB is $569.99. Thats like a 150% increase. Add that to the $250 early upgrade fee I'd be charged, I'll wait for the 7.

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have the original 5 so it's been 3 years as I skipped the 6 since I bought an iPad last year instead and while my iPhone 5 was under warranty they replaced the battery so I figured it'd have some legs.

4. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a 6plus and haven't regretted it. IMHO, the bigger form factor, plus the optical image stabilization is great. I don't have big hands, but have very few issues with the 5.5 inch phone. It's great for Twitter and apps, plus it makes a pretty good bedside TV for Netflix and Amazon video.

5. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Three words... Verizon unlimited data...

I want to upgrade, but I can't get myself to pay full price for it since I'll lose my unlimited data with the upgrade. All my other lines have been upgraded, so is anyone here Verizon savvy and can recommend a loophole?

Coming in Earlier, Who Does That???
  6. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jimmy Kimmel was funny the other night. He sent a reporter on the street so people could look at the new iPhone 6. People loved how it fit in the palm of their hand and they said they would purchase one. The catch was, it was the original iPhone 1 - Ha Ha!

8. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I'm in the same exact BOAT !!!

9. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I flipped and got a Samsung S6 last weekend! Its been a learning experience the first week but I am getting onto it now.

10. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got the 6+ last year and love it. I was a long time Android (Galaxy) user and happy I made the switch

11. Gamesman

Gamesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can activate an old phone on the unlimited number. Then upgrade one of the other numbers, then switch the new phone to the unlimited line.

12. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ordered a 6s this morning to replace my 6 at work. I probably won't upgrade my personal iPhone 6 as I'd have to pay the full retail price.

13. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, I guess this isn't the thread to mention my 8 year old flip phone. :evillaugh It sends and receives phone calls.

14. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are catching onto it...

Ive been looking on swappa to see prices of the Iphone 6+ just drop already... It may be worth saving 400 bucks and buying one for 500 from someone there...

Im debating on it.. i have a 5s, but I'd like to have a larger phone, etc etc....

15. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Won't the new pay per month upgrade plan can't you keep your plan since it's an unlocked phone?

So I woke up at 1:45a local time and ordered one with no problem other than forgetting my apple password.

16. B S

B S MIA

I gave my wife the option. She has the 5s and she decided to wait until next year to get the 7. I got the 6 last year and have loved it, not worth upgrading from a 6 but maybe from an earlier version.

I have a Mac and iPads so I personally do not have a need for the 6+/6s+.

I will be purchasing the new Apple TV. That looks like a significant upgrade over the previous model.

17. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the 6 and upgraded to the 6+ several months ago and REALLY appreciate the larger screen. I've historically upgraded at every release, but think I'll pass this time till the 7.

18. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably a smart move. I am looking at the 6Plus, on swappa and alot of good deals to be had. People want the latest and greatest and will take a small hit on the 6

- - - Updated - - -

Oopppps

19. kollegekreed

kollegekreed Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Extremely easy loophole. Use the new Apple Lease program. $32-$38 per month, includes AppleCare + and you can get a new phone each year. Just cut the wireless company out.

20. rscpa

rscpa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ordered wife the 6S, she had the 5 before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.