1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mayweather Tickets/Hotel Deal

Discussion in 'Comps' started by joshk, Sep 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshk

joshk Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got an email offering a 2 night stay and 2 tickets to the Mayweather fight for $675. Never given any action to MGM and this email def seemed like a mass email.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that cheap for the fight and hotel compared to past fights? Are they struggling to sell tickets for this fight that bad?

2. Krh2o

Krh2o MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The $675 is two nights at Excalibur. I'm assuming the tickets are in the cheapest range which was $150 per. So your paying $375 for two nights at Excalibur. That's on the high end for that place. The MGM package is 1K so $300 per night. Most Mayweather fights draw a crowd and rooms are more then normal weekends, the last one w Pac was a different animal.

3. dhlamar

dhlamar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    where is my email?

4. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The fight isn't sold out. No buzz about this one at all. Supposedly his last fight. B.S. He'll tie Marcianos record of 49-0. He'll definitely go for the record. Word is he'll open up the new MGM arena next spring.

5. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    they cant give the fight tickets away

6. MarcTX

MarcTX Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's almost entire sections available, at least in the lower level. Think about it - who is the draw? Is it Floyd or who he's facing? You don't usually see offers remotely near this for his other bouts. $675 for a room at Excalibur as well as fight tickets, albeit likely in the upper deck is a good deal. I got that Mlife offer as well.

7. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which fight is that..........in the ring or at home?

8. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You got him!

9. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This fight isn't stirring up any hype at all not gonna be a cash cow like last time

10. Reel Investor

Reel Investor Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked for that weekend a couple of weeks ago but rooms really aren't that expensive standalone. I saw that offer last night, but I'm not convinced of it being a particularly great offer.

11. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got it also. I assumed that demand must be low for this fight as well.

12. Shipppp09

Shipppp09 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Slightly off topic, but does anybody know the likely date of the event in May 2016? I know there is always a big fight night at the beginning of May, but was unsure whether it is the same weekend every year or potentially 1 of 2/3 weekends in late April/early May.

13. jaybert

jaybert Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cinco di mayo. 5th of May every year so guessing whatever weekend is closest to that

14. Shipppp09

Shipppp09 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    7th May by the looks of things then. Thanks

15. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This fight is like this past weekends UFC card just no buzz at all, I received a comp offer for both cards from my host at MB the last one for the UFC card just last Wednesday which after seeing PPV numbers I could see why, lowest Vegas gate in 10 years for a UFC event. Hell Berto is 3-3 his last 6 fights so its easy to see why there is zero buzz for this one. I tell were it not for my wifes school schedule I would have taken both offers but she is swamped under with 8 classes this semester, plus one of our fighters at the gym has a title fight this weekend at a local event I am cornering him for.

16. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I received the same email. I give MGM virtually zero play these days.

17. KevinF2020

KevinF2020 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not a huge boxing fan myself, but I saw this topic and then read this article (dated today), so I figured I'd post it here.

"Darren Rovell of ESPN.com notes the amount of tickets readily available—currently 2,100 based on Ticketmaster figures—for interested fans doesn't even factor in those held by promoters."

"Mayweather and his team have been able to sell a lot of fights in a multitude of different ways over the years. This one has presented a unique challenge, however, and the ticket numbers suggest they have a lot of work to do over the next four days."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2563128-floyd-mayweather-vs-andre-berto-over-2000-tickets-remain-available-for-bout

18. Mafioso

Mafioso Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My host sent me an email, 2 free tickets to the fight, 3 night hotel stay and 300 dollar food credit at the Mirage.
    The fight is not sold out, Nor do they think it will be. Seems like not even close.

My response
    Thanks G_____ but I will decline.
    The fight is a joke, has no shot of selling out.
    When he fights Pacqiua again, then please feel free to make me the same wonderful offer.
    I promise not to turn down that one.

19. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lots more talk that they are squeezing this one in for 2 reasons. To fulfill his showtime contract, making him a "free agent" and to set up the record breaking fight to open the new arena next year. The retirement talk is only to try to sell some tickets/pay per views. It's not working.

20. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The fight at fat Burger at 2 an will be better

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.