1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Editorial: One Month Of Vegas Bright

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Blonde_4_ever, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    September 2 was one month ago? The lack of attention to detail continues...

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't be a hyper-critical grammar cop, M. lol

To all involved in the new endeavor ... break a leg!!! Hope it all goes well.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  4. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just to be clear, I do too! It's just not all that encouraging so far.

5. mikef

mikef Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You guys are so good at the little things I miss, I should give you both editor credits, Uke too. I didn't even see the apostrophe in Caesars until you guys mentioned it. Honestly though, you guys have helped me to do better and catch the mistakes that were never made live. I'm still growing as an editor and value your critiques! :) You have really shown me that one wrong thing on a website, that requires no work on the reader's part, can absolutely devastate their usage experience. I'll keep working to perfection :) Fixed the September thing btw.

6. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    cool one less debbie downer

7. kleland

kleland Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loving the new site! Very happy to see it prosper and grow. Thoroughly enjoy the articles, especially the behind the scenes. Keep up the good work!

8. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mike, it's easy to miss things. I've been in the communication business for a very long time, newspapers, public sector, corporate, and now 15+ years doing this -- typos happen. Believe me. I once sent out an official, on-county-leaderhead-and-everything letter inviting 5,000 of our constituents to an "important pubic meeting. A good friend of mine is nationally syndicated in several guises and I see stuff on his posts all the time. When I submitted copy to Turner while in Vegas a few weeks ago, for pga.com, an editor there made a change and got it wrong. It happens. It's cool that you get it and it is something at which you want to do your best.

Some, as we see here, think it just doesn't matter. That is their choice. I look at it like hygiene: You can stink to high heaven and still get your point across, but why not also try some soap and water. It's easy. It is communication, after all, that separates us from all the other animals.

Anyway, good luck!! My Vegas-content days mostly are behind me save a half-dozen or so articles a year, but if you ever want me to put my eyes on something, have a read of something, please just ask.

9. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know you do. Just having some fun with the anything-goes crowd.

10. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, I can't think of a single publisher or editor with whom I've worked over the years who'd like to see something like that out of a contributor.

11. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't made that mistake, but an elected official sent out something that used pubic instead of public.

A co-worker quoted a woman about how she was happy to still have a certain local business available to her because the one in her city had been shit down. That's not what the woman said, of course, but that's how it read on the printed page.

12. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's good to hear it's going well. I think what stands out is the devotion and passion of the people participating on the site.

Bill

13. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well said. It's also a matter of personal pride, that you want to put your best out there instead of error filled posts. I like the "Edit" function on this VMB board, and I use it frequently to edit my posts to correct incorrect auto-corrections made by my IPhone. That's just me, and I'm glad most of the members of this board also post mostly "readable" error-free content. Otherwise, it wouldn't be easy or fun to read posts here, or on Vegasbright.

14. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has it been a month already?

I think they're doing awesome. Glad to have them.

15. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Us, too, I was CoS to an elected on that letter. But we had a great turnout!

16. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I, for one, am certainly glad to see Vegas Bright and I appreciate the enormous undertaking. One month in and I hope there are many months more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.