1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Claiming Rewards while Underage

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by GamezRulez, Aug 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GamezRulez

GamezRulez Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello.

I love MyVegas just like everyone else, but I am only 17 years old. It goes without saying that I have never claimed a reward before and am curious as to how it works. I have accumulated a decent amount of LP (~325k) on my personal Facebook profile, and am currently saving up for 35% off cruise fare (350k) for my mom and I at the Royal Caribbean. Is there any possible way I can go about this? I would not like all this LP to go to waste...

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.

2. lakrhatr

lakrhatr Tourist

you have to be 21 to play myvegas so you are out of luck cant cash in

3. lithium78

lithium78 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep playing for another four years and then cash out millions of LPs when you are 21. Sorry, buddy.

4. GamezRulez

GamezRulez Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Am I not able to just use my mother's name or temporarily change my own profile to match her profile?

5. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She would have to be the one to redeem the rewards and, if they caught on that you did this, MyVegas could block you from redeeming any rewards or, worse yet, Facebook can close your FB account.

6. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    18 to play (this person is still too young) and 21 to redeem.

7. GamezRulez

GamezRulez Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm all for letting my mother claim the reward. Are they strict on the rewards process?

8. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes they are strict.

But as long as you know the risk, changing your FB profile to her name and letting her redeem is your best chance.

9. KevinF2020

KevinF2020 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have claimed and used multiple MyVegas rewards. When you purchase a reward it will ask you your name and email. As long as you enter your (or in your case your mother's) real information, that individual should be able to redeem those rewards in Vegas. It doesn't matter whose FB page it is - they don't check that. But they WILL check ID when you go to claim your rewards at the MLife desk (or wherever you redeem them) so they MUST match with what you entered when you purchased the MyVegas reward.

You are emailed a confirmation page once you purchase a MyVegas reward to present when redeeming. The only information on there is the confirmation code (and some people just use the confirmation code), the name and email associated with the MyVegas account (what you entered), expiration date, contact information and hours of operation for wherever it is you're redeeming the reward and various usage restrictions. There is NO identifying FB information or data on there.

Two stipulations though. Once you've purchased a reward on MyVegas (via your FB account) you CANNOT change it. In other words, if you enter your mother's name and email to purchase a MyVegas reward, your FB account will be forever linked to her (for MyVegas). If you decide later on that you'd like to purchase a MyVegas reward in someone else's name (not your mother) using your FB MyVegas account, you will likely NOT be able to do that. Just keep that in mind. According to the terms of service, you cannot change who the MyVegas account is linked to (via FB) once you've purchased a reward and entered their information. It will always ask, but you should enter the same information every time (i.e. same person - your mother) or risk being banned (at least according to the rules).

Second, using a "fake" FB account/profile for MyVegas IS against the TOS, meaning, technically they can ban your MyVegas account at any time (and possibly your FB account too). If it's an active, genuine FB account and you don't have multiple FB accounts (which it doesn't sound like you do), then it's highly unlikely they'll do this, but they COULD. MyVegas might ban too if you have multiple accounts or try to change names of the person redeeming. Just be aware.

Good luck!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  10. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IF you decide to do this - I would strongly suggest that after the cruise is purchased, to make a whole brand new Facebook account and start over again. Brand new account with a brand new email and brand new phone number associated.

If you end up caught (which could happen even if your mom gets to go on the cruise) Play Studios will flag your account. But they will not tell you this. so you could in theory, play for three years and only then find out your account has been flagged and you have wasted three years of your life accumulating points you will never use.

11. GamezRulez

GamezRulez Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info! I might just be willing to try this out after all! I couldn't care less if MyVegas bans me from playing/redeeming if we get to go on the cruise... as far as I'm concerned I'll have used my LP life savings and will probably not have the motivation to try and earn some more. Who knows what will happen to the rewards by the time I'm 21... if the game lasts that long!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.