1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The "+1" rule

Discussion in 'Comps' started by DaiLun, Aug 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm now referring to the "checkout day is a gambling day rule" as the "+1" rule.

So, my Reno host just advised me that my ADT is 250 higher at Reno than across the brand.

I told him that I wasn't aware of CETs the "checkout day is a gambling day" rule, and since I checkout and leave very early when I'm in Las Vegas, I'm probably getting dinged with a lot of "no gambling" days.

Someone has just advised me that there are a lot of things that can trigger a "no gambling" day. More on that once I get confirmation from my host.

Well, at least now I know that, and can strategize accordingly.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  2. adbynot

adbynot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Speaking of gaming days, I know you mentioned that CET runs on a 24hr/day timeline for hitting the bonuses, but do you know if 1. MLife offers bonuses on your play, 2. What their 24hr period start-stop times are.

3. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    mLife's "bonuses" are the percentage boost you get at a particular level.

10% Pearl
    20% Gold
    30% Platinum
    40% Noir

mLife also does their gaming days differently, someone else explained it, but since I was exiting mLife, I didn't really pay attention. Maybe that person will come back and answer that question.

4. shellieshoe

shellieshoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This answers the question that has been asked for years and given different answers. I was at Bally's Vegas on the August 13-18th and went to the VIP check in and settled all room charges on the night of the 17th. Checked out with the TV before 6:00 am (with no play or card swipe) on the 18th but a couple of days later I received a survey "for my stay on the 18th"

So they must have showed me staying on the 18th and figured a gaming day.

Wonder how it works if your host books you for three nights on a 2 night stay so you can check out late. Let's say that I am staying Friday and Saturday nights and checking out around 2:00 pm on Sunday but he booked me through Monday. Even though I checked out - I wonder if it counts another gaming day on Monday.

5. adbynot

adbynot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just on their website. It looks like to get to Pearl it is 25000 points, so at VP @ $10/pnt does this mean $250k coin in for the first increase or am I reading that wrong

6. shellieshoe

shellieshoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This answers the question that has been asked for years and given different answers. I was at Bally's Vegas on the August 13-18th and went to the VIP check in and settled all room charges on the night of the 17th. Checked out with the TV before 6:00 am (with no play or card swipe) on the 18th but a couple of days later I received a survey "for my stay on the 18th"

So they must have showed me staying on the 18th and figured a gaming day.

Wonder how it works if your host books you for three nights on a 2 night stay so you can check out late. Let's say that I am staying Friday and Saturday nights and checking out around 2:00 pm on Sunday but he booked me through Monday. Even though I checked out - I wonder if it counts another gaming day on Monday.

7. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i thought i each cet property city had there own 24 your gaming day like vegas ends at 5.559 am and starts again at 6 am

8. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yet it does, and Reno is 5AM -4:59AM.

mLife runs on a different time system, since their bonus system is different.

9. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was recently told that the line in the sand is 4:30pm. So, in your scenario, Friday is a gaming day, Saturday is a gaming day, Sunday is a gaming day on a 2 night stay with a late check out. But if you actually book Monday night as well, I would think it would generate a 4th day. Recently, I checked out at 9:30pm (I had the room booked that night as well), the next day was a gaming day for me.
    Just my experience.

10. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i think vegas mlife is 2 or 3 am

11. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are confusing TR and Mlife. The TR earn rate for VP is $10 per point. Mlife earn rate is different.

12. adbynot

adbynot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was looking at their website and it is $10 for VP , and it's 25000 points to get the pearl, so I'm guessing 250000

13. adbynot

adbynot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My bad, you earn 10 TC for every base point. Damn you fine print

14. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pearl is 25,000 points which requires 25,000 coin in.

15. adbynot

adbynot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, saw that after the fact. Thanks

16. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lots of wild stuff here.

Mlife does not have a gaming day like CET. They measure your visit - so, 3,4 or 5 days are the same. I am not sure when you roll over to another "visit".

For the person with a late afternoon checkout... you are still there in the system until mid afternoon,so you are therefore there that day. And even worse, they may not check you out until the next morning, and cost you another day. Good luck getting a complete and accurate answer on that.

As to the person that said it was 4:30 in the afternoon..... well,bull-hockey. Not even close.

17. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you misunderstood what I was saying. If I have a Tuesday night flight(a redeye), I would still keep my room for Tuesday night. I would leave the hotel around 9:30pm. Even if I check out at 9:30pm, Wednesday would be a gaming day. What my host told me is that if I get a late check out (4:30pm) on Tuesday and don't book Tuesday night, there is no Wednesday gaming day. If I keep my room after 4:30pm on Tuesday, Wednesday will be a gaming day.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.