1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

anyone else miss the old car rental set-up?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by chef, Aug 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Compared to the new all-rentals-under-one-roof approach, I preferred getting in and out of, say, Dollar's locale near Trop and Paradise in considerably less time. May not have been as fancy as the new digs, but it did the job for me and also got me to the Strip and off-Strip much quicker too after vehicle pick up.

2. mescalita

mescalita old and in the way...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha! The first time my lovely wife and I rented a car in Las Vegas it took us forever to find the Dollar locale when it was time to return our vehicle (no smart phones with mapquest back then.) We barely made it to the airport on time, had to run all the way to our gate. They were closing the door as we stepped onto the plane. I never forgot how to get there after that experience....

3. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find the new setup to be much quicker, if you sign up for the preferred customer programs at Alamo/dollar, etc, you avoid all the lines , go straight to the lot, and pick out your car. From the time I walk into the rental center, it's maybe 5 min tops till I'm driving out.

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm with you on this one Merlin... the new rental facility is a breeze for me (National).

5. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The old setup with the old perks trumps the new setup with no perks.

6. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only thing I miss about the old setup is the lower prices (No facility fee, etc).

I can remember many times almost missing my plane because of the small, overcrowded shuttle busses, and waiting at the airport 1/2 hour or more for the shuttle to arrive.

7. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prices are definitely up at the new facility, and it's nicer and much better organized.

One thing I do miss is having the rental desks right outside the bag claim. It just seemed more convenient.

8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do not miss the old system at all. Plenty of room on the buses and if you're a Dollar member, right downstairs, avoiding the upstairs counter.

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate dealing with those buses. After a few times, we gave up on a car and do taxi or limo. Seems to work just fine.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.