1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

When is it worth asking for a host?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by CrapsDave, Aug 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrapsDave

CrapsDave Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've been coming to Vegas for years. This last trip was trip #14. Generally we have MLife offers available. Generally 2 / 3 free nights at just about any MLife property and some small resort credit as well. I have a couple of questions.

1) How do we get on V/Ps radar? Do we need to pay to stay there at least once? We really like V/P but we always stay at Mlife hotels because of the offers.

2) If I come to Vegas and play $25 - $50 blackjack AND $25 pass line / full odds craps (with one come bet and full odds on that too) should I talk to a host, or just be happy with the marking offers? Lets say I have a $5k per trip bankroll. Lets also direct the answers to nicer hotels Mirage / Bellagio / V/P.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. Playing there I the first step, whether you're staying there or not. Your level of play, however, will not merit the attention of a host at V/P, but you should get some email offers.

2. At that level of play, a host is not going to do anything for you at the three hotels you list (unless you're playing something ridiculous, like 20 hours a day). That level of play at BJ and craps just won't matter to a host. $50 a hand at BJ only generates around $20 an hour in comps. That's enough to get you some discounts and offers like you have been getting, but a host is not going to help beyond that

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  3. CrapsDave

CrapsDave Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks UK! That is exactly what I wanted to know. Out of curiosity - roughly what would I need to play at those properties to merit host attention? Perhaps $100 / $200 hand BlackJack?

4. gmille58

gmille58 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My play is similar to yours, and my wife will play slots. We do not have a host, but do have a marketing person at MB, as we had stayed there several trips in a row. My understanding is that is just below a host. I don't know if there is anything gained by having that person for us, but she will make the room and show reservations for us. We haven't asked for anything above what our standard offers have been, but she has looked at what our plans were for a trip and put us on the best offer that was available to us in their system.

The only thing that we have received at the end of a trip is our express comps to lower the final bill, if any.

5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $200 a hand should get you attention at Bellagio and V/P

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  6. Char1

Char1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I suggest that you select a resort, call and ask !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.