1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Video Poker Best VP Gimmick Game you Play

Discussion in 'Video Poker' started by adbynot, Aug 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adbynot

adbynot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just running through ideas of which VP games I want to play on my next trip. I have played some UX but mostly the STP games. Which ones do you like and which ones should be avoided like the plague.

2. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, if you are talking VP Variations, not "gimmicks" (the 2 games you mentioned Ultimate X and Super times pay are not "gimmicks", in fact, ultimate X pays a higher rate of return than the non ultimate X version of the game. In fact, according to some articles it appears to be the game Bob Dancer plays (although he plays 10 line $1 version).) the other one I play is Quick Quads, although it is fairly hard to find on the strip.

3. adbynot

adbynot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, variations of VP games. I know that MGM has 50 play QQ for $1 up in the HL area, and I really feel that if you are in a dry spell Ultimate X is a money bleeder, but I do like the STP/DSTP games. I am thinking of maybe trying SpinPoker and SpinPoker w Dream Card variatons next trip.
    And by the looks of your counter we will be there the same weekend.

4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely like quick quads and Double STP. Hot Roll poker is pretty fun too, but you're betting 5 coins on multipliers just like UX, so it also is pretty swingy.

If you try dream card on the strip, look for the spin poker with dream card at Bellagio. Last time i checked it was in between the baccarat bar and the hermes store i think. Best games are 9/5 Bonus Deluxe for quarters (99.05% w/DC) and 8/5 Bonus Deluxe for nickels (98.11% w/DC) .

5. adbynot

adbynot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which spots are best for DSTP ?

6. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On the strip...to my knowledge these are some of the best games available.

Nickels: SLS and TI (7/5 Bonus); Aria 8/5 Bonus Deluxe

Quarters: SLS, TI, and Cosmo (7/5 Bonus); Aria 8/6 Bonus Deluxe

Dollars: Flamingo, Linq, Harrah's (9/5 JoB) (some of these are on all star poker IIs); Aria 8/6 Bonus Deluxe; SLS 8/6 Bonus Deluxe on all star IIs

Off Strip:
    South Point..only place with some "full pay": 7/5 Bonus at nickels, 8/5 Bonus and 9/6 DDB, 98.91% dueces at quarters; M Resort 8/6 Bonus Deluxe at quarters-dollars?

7. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DDB on DSTP. Amazing game.

Nick:beer:

8. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live Deuces Wild on Dream Card. Bally's has it on the Five Star machine for 5c. I got multiple lots of 4 Deuces last time and even got four to the Royal and the fifth filled in as the Dream Card for ten Royal Flushes. Be careful though because at CET if you get 3 Deuces dealt with one to the Royal the Dream Card will fill in with another one to the Wild Royal Flush. You have to toggle through and find the last Deuce to be paid out on the 4 Deuces and not the Wild Royal, sneaky aye?

9. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Super times pay is a favorite of mine but I've been enjoying Extra Draw Frenzy. It's a 6 coin per line game. If you are dealt a 3 of a kind you enter the bonus round where you're awarded a random number of hands to draw your 4 of a kind. It's usually between 2 and 4 times the number of hands played.

10. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    STP is my favorite gimmick game and also the game that should be avoided. Quick Quads in 9/6 Jacks or Better is not a bad paying game and is more fun than regular JOB.

11. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    STP/DSTP is freaking crack to me (both in terms of how addicted I am and what it does to my finances).

This was my very first spin at Encore on my trip last month (unfortunately the STP at Wynn had already been kicking my ass all night):

STP_crop.jpg

Uh, did I do something wrong? Why isn't the pic showing?

12. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 for this....Bring a large BR though ;)

13. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another vote for STP on DDB.

14. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thecarve, we're having some trouble with image attachments right now due to the attack last week. We're working on it and hope to have it working again. It's not you. :)

15. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, Sonya. I'm not terribly tech savvy so I'm always wondering whether it's me or some gremlins out in the ether.

16. adbynot

adbynot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The more I think about this thread I started the more I think playing JoB or BP while having the added STP/DSTP seems to make sense to me. Sure you would love to hit DDB paydirt, but with the added bouses available and the lower variance I think this is the way to go on these machines. As far as QQ go, I'm not sure which game is the best for that one.

17. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope. I'm the gremlin. ;) It is working again now and your images display properly.

18. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is that 5 play STP DDB at dollars? Bet that goes through hundeds faster than a hobo going through a ham sandwich

19. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not on that particular night!

But nearly every other time...yeah. :rolleyes2: Like I said, crack.

20. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a slight step up from playing single line $5 DDB. If you're hitting quads, it's easy.... long dry runs are an absolute killer. The nice thing with 5 play is that you see plenty of 3 OAKS off of held pairs, when combined make a "vanilla" hand a break even, thus keeping you in the game. (IE 5+5+15+5+5= 35 units with either 30 STP or 35 DSTP played per hand)

As much as it hurts on dealt 3 OAK with multiplier, the 5 hand payout of 15 X 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 X 5 is nice. I've unfortunately had dealt trip aces with healthy 5X multipliers that ended with 65 units X 5 far too many times.

Aces with kicker dealt on $1 5 play STP is a cool 10 g's, before applicable multipliers.... 100k or even 200k is out there..... Yes, that's why we're all degenerates. :wink2:

Nick:beer:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.