1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

best breakfast buffet downtown?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Bob Seaman, Jul 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Seaman

Bob Seaman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    best hotel with free breakfast buffet

2. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hotels DT with a Breffest buffet?

I can think of two - GN and MSS.

3. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 Iowa Nice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But they aren't free, just as an FYI. MSS is probably the best and priced very reasonable at under $10.

4. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Residence Inn, Springhill Suites, Holiday Inn Express do. Other chains too. Might not be what you're think of, though!

5. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    gah! I missed the "free" part. They could be free depending on how much you lose at the tables ;)

6. topcard

topcard Here's to $10 3:2 two-deck, $5 Craps, and $5 UTH!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Fremont has a buffet...and it's very easy to earn a table-comp for two playing blackjack... however, I prefer their cafe...and it's just as easy to get that comped (for two).

Annual Spring Trip!
  7. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Meh, for the amount you gamble you may as well just pay for the buffet.

The Cal also has a breakfast buffet but they don't have a chef to cook your eggs, those are just the preprocessed scrambled types. It is basically a breakfast bar with the standard food types but with a Hawaiian flair (portugese sausage, etc.).

There really isn't any buffet downtown that is free. At the boyd properties you can pay for the "enhanced" room special (not sure what it is called) which includes a coupon booklet for lower priced meals that can be used at the buffets but you still end up paying a buck or a few bucks.

Downtown buffets:

MSS
    GN
    Cal
    Fremont
    (didn't the Fitz have a breakfast buffet? Does the D have one now, I don't see it on their web site)

8. Texas Gramma

Texas Gramma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Breakfast Ideas...

I am not at buffet person...but I am a breakfast person---last year's prices

Breakfast Ideas...
    Magnolia Club ... open 24/7 special 8 oz. bone in ham steak breakfast... $8.95
    D Grill open 24/7 ... cinnamon buns.
    Binion’s ... Ham ‘n egg $4.95 24/7. A side of bacon is humongus and cheap..
    G G’s Dupar’s... pancakes 24/7, Egg and NY steak, $4.95 midnight-2 am
    California’s Market St. cafe ... 11 pm-9 am $1.99 ... 2 eggs with hash browns, toast. $3.25...2 eggs, pancakes, bacon/sausage $3.95 ... chicken strips-fries.
    McDonald’s... usual good fast food.
    Main St Station Garden Court Buffet Champagne Brunch $10.99 Sun 7-3

9. topcard

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ~Shrug~
    I'm going to gamble anyway, regardless of where I eat breakfast....personally, I prefer either Magnolia's or DuPars for breakfast, but some folks like buffets...I'm not one of them. I last ate at the Fremont on my last trip...and it was at the cafe attached to the buffet room. I was playing blackjack & just asked... got a $30 comp to the cafe for me & my brother... this was betting $10 a hand (base-bet). They offered the buffet but I told the pit-critter that I preferred table service... & it was no problem.

All I was trying to say is that if one wants a "free" buffet, it's pretty easy to get it comped at the Fremont.

Annual Spring Trip!
  10. OddsWrkin

OddsWrkin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where exactly is the cafe attached to the buffet at Fremont?

11. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are two lines. One goes to the buffet, the other to the cafe. They all end up in the same room. BTW the cafe is one of our favorite places to eat breakfast. Seating is way in the back and a little dark, as opposed to the buffet at MSS which is bright and cheerful, but the food is good and comes with waiter service.

The deuces special is hard to beat. Two eggs, two pancakes, two sausages for ~$8.

Sometimes the special is on the little placard on the table, other times you have to ask if it is available.

12. topcard

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Walk all the way through the buffet area...it's in the back...there's a separate line for the cafe

Sorry Joe...didn't see that you'd already answered.
    :beer:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
    Annual Spring Trip!
  13. Rumdranker

Rumdranker Grateful Lurker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ate at Fremont buffet twice. Once for lunch and one for dinner. Both were pretty good, although the selection was small.

14. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had the Fremont buffet and it was an easy comp. My main complaint was that the omelet guy was also cooking pancakes, so the line got long. Since Golden Gate Cafe changed to Dupar's there is no longer a decent American breakfast downtown. So give up on bad potatoes and embrace the rice at Aloha Specialties: Loco Moco!

15. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's just silly...

16. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Who makes your favorite hash browns, biscuits and gravy? And sausage for that matter?

17. Krh2o

Krh2o MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll have the pancakes in the Age of Enlightenment. Gotta love the Fremont cafe.

18. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many... hell "most" diners agree that DuPar's is a fantastic breakfast joint, as is Rachel's Kitchen in the Ogden (downtown). EAT over on Carson Ave. serves a mean breakfast spread as well. Dougy J's Diner a few blocks down Las Vegas Blvd @ Bonneville is worth a breakfast visit too. Let's not forget Hash House A Go Go in the Plaza or the MTO just a short walk down Main St. across from City Hall? These are just a few of the good breakfast joints I've visited downtown... there's others I'm sure, as breakfast isn't my favorite meal.

Cafe Cortez is now closed and though it was geezer heaven, they had a REALLY good breakfast there, so I'll give you that one. Hey... you're certainly entitled to your opinion, I just thought such a broad-based swipe at the entire downtown area was... well... "silly".

19. topcard

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best downtown breakfasts, in order, base on the scientific criteria of 'topcard's opinion':

1/2. Magnolia's (tie)
    1/2. DuPar's (tie)
    3. Fremont Cafe
    4. Hash House

Admiotedly, most other places have only had minimal business from me over the years, so my bias for those 4 is influenced ny the frequency of my eating there.
    DuPar's has this wonderful off-menu 'one-egg' special...comes with an egg, three pancakes & bacon. Not too heavy & quite tasty.

Annual Spring Trip!
  20. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're lucky, I play mostly $3 and $5 craps so I don't usually qualify for comp meals, even at the Fremont. On warm/hot tables I do up my bets and I usually will ask for and get a comp meal but that isn't very often, a couple times on my trip usually.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.